Monday, July 22, 2013

OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW

 
Three or four years ago we bought a Lexmark printer. It had a 5 year warranty. It copied, scanned and faxed. We loved it. But the ink was expensive. $90 to refill.  We didn't like that. Not to mention, the print head in it went bad. It was replaced at least twice. So when it broke this time, we said, "Enough is enough!"  We decided not to replace the bad part again. Out to the recycle bin it went. This meant we had to go without a machine for a while.  Not an easy thing to do. I usually use the printer everyday.

 
So... my hubby got online, did his homework
and headed to stores trying to scout out a new printer.
 

After two weeks, he finally found one he liked and bought it. It's an Epson. He spent the weekend getting it hooked up with our home network. It's faster than the one we had and it holds twice as much paper. And the ink is cheaper. Now... I have no excuse, not to finish that book I've been working on, for most of  my life.


13 comments:

Paula said...

Hope you get right on that book. Wish I knew how to even start one.

jack69 said...

You go girl, sit down and put the words down.

Just a hint though. I printed hundreds of pages mostly for my consumption and corrections, but I realized most do not want your book on paper, but on disc.

Of course the paper was for me as yours is to you I am sure.

Anyway glad you got a printer you want.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

printers are just one of the sources of my frustration. they never seem to work well.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Have fun with your new printer!

Jon said...

My old printer blew out after a huge lightning strike. It never worked again. I now have an HP Photosmart and the ink is expensive. Also, it seems like I only print a few pages and need more ink.

I hope you finish that book!

Lucy said...

Printers and cameras are my frustration. I looked at printers and like you I am not liking the ink prices. Good luck with te new printer.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

What kind of book are you writing? I would love to be able to write a book, but the idea of writing 400 pages is mighty daunting! I'd be doing good to get past 50. :) Have fun with your new printer!

Ninny said...

It looks just like ours! I bet you will like it. As for that book, join the club. I have two that I'm working on, no make that three! Haha!

Forty Pound Sack said...

I have a small eBay store, so I use my printer daily, too, for shipping labels. I go through about three a year, so I get the cheapest one I can find, $29 at Walmart. Does the trick. And I can't wait to read your book!!!!

Chatty Crone said...

We just had to get a mew printer too - hope you get your book done!

Bobbi and Gracie said...

I had the printer dilemma a little while back and first got a brother (expensive ink and too many paper jams) and then gave Gary the more expensive Brother and got myself a cheap Epson. I like it so much better! Happy printing!

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre,
I smiled when I read "Out with the old and In with the new," as I tell my kids that often. I'm so happy that you got a new printer. And you are writing a book - that's amazing! Would love to hear about it.

Love,
~Sheri

Angela said...

You finish your book, and I'll finish mine. =)