Monday, July 6, 2015

BRISK MORNING AIR


I was shopping and noticed the autumn Yankee Candles are out in the stores, right now. Seems kind of early to me. But I love Fall, so I had to peek at them.  I wanted to see what new names were in the mix. The old standby’s were there, Pumpkin Spice and Pumpkin Cupcake. Who doesn’t love those? I figured the names I wasn’t familiar with, must be the new releases. Fall Wreath, Fresh Salted Caramel, Ripe Berries, Sweet Red Apple, Cinnamon Meringue, Apple and Pumpkin Picking… just to name a few. Some of them sound good enough to eat, don't they? I particularly loved the aroma of Ripe Berries. However, the one that really stood out to me, was Brisk Morning Air. How do you capture the feel of that in a 22 oz. jar? I tried to conjure up an image of myself… outside at dawn, watching the sunrise, in the early October sky. Feeling that cool, crispness of the morning… as I pulled my sweater, a little tighter around my shoulders, shivering... inhaling, exhaling… seeing my breath hover in the air, as I take in the season. The scent of burning leaves lingering from the night before, fresh coffee being brewed. Yet, that doesn’t really describe the complexity of such a morning does it? There is something in the brisk, dawn of a Fall morn, that envelops you in a hug. It draws you in, encouraging you to plant your feet and stay awhile. If someone could package and deliver that experience to your front door, you would buy it, wouldn’t you? Hence, the candles I was looking at. Curious, I took a sniff. This MORNING one was intriguing, smelled nice, fragrant. Not sure if morning dawned, but I liked it a lot. Enough to buy it. Yankee Candle says this about their Brisk Morning Air candle, "With the crisp scents of eucalyptus and mint layered beneath soft pear and sage, it's like that first deep breath of bright, clean air on a morning far, far away." And here I thought... Autumn had something to do with it. Or maybe it does? 

(PS. I got the RIPE BERRIES candle too.)

18 comments:

Mildred said...

Good Morning, Autumn is my favorite time of year. I haven't been out and about lately to see the new candle scents but I'll be looking now. Hope you have a very nice week.

Blogoratti said...

Autumn is indeed near after all. I like scented candles. Best wishes.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

ahhhhh...autumn!!! i can't wait. my smeller is far too sensitive for candles.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love any of the apple fragrances, they are my favorite for fall. Now I'm going to have to check out that morning air one. Sad to think that fall really isn't all that far away. I for one am still trying to enjoy summer and all it's glory. Memories of this past winter make me want to slow time down for just a while.

jack69 said...

One thing you can count on, the NEXT SEASON is never far away! Sweet entry@!

Hollie said...

Oh those sound like they would be great candles!! I LOVE to burn candles!! My favorite is Warm Apple Pie! I have one burning at the moment!! Fall is my FAVORITE time of the year!!!

Jon said...

Candles have become extremely complicated! I love all of those autumn names, but admittedly "Brisk Morning Air" is the most intriguing.

Now that the 4th of July is over, the Back to School ads are out. It's a little early to think about autumn, but since it's my favorite time of year I don't mind. I always look forward to seeing the autumn displays in the stores, which always appear in August. It's a good feeling.

Funny in My Mind said...

I really like some of the Autumn scents and Halloween but that also means the dark, dreary days are getting close and I need sunshine. It took a long time for spring to get here and now that summer is here, it has rained the entire time so far. I am hoping we have a sunny fall!

betty said...

I liked how you described what you thought brisk morning air would be. It does sound like a nice scent though with the candle. Hard to believe that fall is around the corner, but it will be here soon. Even this morning it was a bit cooler than it had been and felt just for a moment brisk.
b
etty

Mevely317 said...

I think YOUR description far out-weighs YC's! Hands-down, Fall is my favorite time of year, and your inviting commentary sure gives me something to look forward to.
Since our vet questioned our burning candles in the house, I've not lit anything in a couple years -- but this may call for an exception to the rule!

Paula said...

They all sound great but once I left the house with a burning candle and a cat in the house so I think twice even though I don't have a cat in the house now. I mostly use the electric thingys with the wax chips.

TARYTERRE said...

I have cats too and a husband with COPD so I can't light the candles either. I use a candle warmer that melts the top part of the candle and releases the aroma.

Red Rose Alley said...

Brisk Morning Air - that does sound interesting. I love candles, and they all around this house of mine. I have never heard of so many scents. I'll have to take a look at the Yankee Candles out now. What a wonderful story you have here, and everything you said exudes Autumn and all its wonder. My favorite season of all, and you're making me love it even more. :~)

Have a great week, Taryterre.

~Sheri

Sheila Y said...

That does sound like a nice scent, now I will have to smell it when I come across one. I like the wood wick candles that crackle a little like a fire. Hope your week goes well, Sheila

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Beautifully written post, Terre! Now I can't wait to get a whiff of Brisk Morning Air! There is nothing like the aromas in fall. Love them.

TARYTERRE said...

PS) I also bought RIPE BERRIES.

Danielle L Zecher said...

It does seem a little early for the fall scents, but time flies, so it will be here before we know it. The Cinnamon Meringue sounds intriguing. I'm a sucker for Yankee Candles.

Susan said...

I LOVE Yankee Candles. We live within driving distance of the main store, too! And an outlet is close by. Oh, so happy you bought a favorite. And Taryterre, I think you are a wonderful writing....you paint pictures with your words. Susan