I am cleaning out an attic
bedroom that looks like a hoarders convention had a party in it. As I was
taking bubble wrapped items out of a large box, to put them into bags to
donate... I saw something brown and furry in there. I poked at it with a book
and it got a creepy crawl. I instantly thought BAT. And hightailed it outta of
there, slamming the door closed. But over the course of the evening my curiosity
got the better of me. So I donned a bulky leather winter coat, boots and gloves
and went back up there to see what was what? I carefully removed everything
from the box half expecting to see the little fur ball again, dead or alive.
But when I reached the bottom of the box where I saw this thing crawl, it was
empty except for a giant dust ball. Now I'm wondering if I imagined the whole
thing because the lighting in the room is poor? I was tired. My husband wasn't
home. And the dust ball kind of looks like a bat??? Or is the creature still up
there waiting to be found again??? And rear it's ugly head???


12 comments:
It makes a great story, I can see you returning dressed for the attack if necessary LOL.
I like a continuing story, can't wait to see if the train goes off the cliff or not. LOL
You had better report the moving dust ball.. (smile)
We had a bat in our house - so I can't wait until you find out what you have! It was so scary! sandie
You'd better be very alert tonight when you're snuggled up in bed.......
Lordy, lordy girl. I would not go back. I would just close the door and pretend it was clean as a whistle and not full of stuff???? you need to get rid of it.
great big human...very small bat! hahaha!
Oh my! Only time will tell I guess!
Well you should of taken a picture of your self ready to tackle that monster.
I feel like I just reached the last page of a good book and there's a cliffhanger! Can't wait to see what it was. And I must say you're a brave woman, I'd have probably waited for my hubby to check it out! (Just call me chicken)
I need to go into my attic and clear things out, now I'll be on the lookout for uninvited guests. That would have been a bit scary for sure. Hope it was only the dust ball.
Taryterre,
Hopefully it was just a dust ball. How brave of you to go back and check it out, YIKES!! Let me know if anything shows up.
Thank you for the birthday wishes, dear.
Love,
~Sheri
I had an encounter with a bat when I was young and at camp. Oh the screaming and jumping around until one of the mothers came and shooed the critter away with a broom! Did you look up in the rafters for your 'guest'?
Better bats than spiders! We have a lot of black widows in the summer time!
Post a Comment