Thursday, November 4, 2021

It's That Time Of Year

 


The leaves here, are late to fall 
and very few trees have turned color.
The vibrant reds and golds 
are missing in action this year...
leaving 'disappointed' people to note -
the snow will soon begin to fly. 
Find what happiness you can muster 
in what's left of this autumn season.

 
MEANWHILE...
I've put up a TREE full of color 
in my front window...
that's bringing tidings of comfort and joy.


Can't wait for the winter festivities 
to commence. 
PJ's and Hallmark 
are giving me my
HAPPY ENDINGS
this year. 




Except for the missing bird???

But not to worry
We can EAT pie instead.

9 comments:

Mevely317 said...

November tidings are the best! Your tree looks perfect ... warm and welcoming.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

My big oak tree has just finally turned color and there will be a lot leaves falling. I only hope we can get them cleaned up before the snow begins to fall. I'm looking forward to the holidays too, but won't put my tree up until Thanksgiving is over. Still I'm ready to start playing Christmas music. Good luck on getting a turkey to enjoy !

jack69 said...

Oh yes, the beauty of the fall and also the work. We have been doing leaves now for a few weeks.
I will neve forget visiting a senior years ago, she was in good health, so raking was still possible. She said to me, "Look at the beautiful carpet nature has laid on my lawn."
It is good to think positive, even in PJs.

Love from here
Sherry & jack

Robyn said...

Your tree looks beautiful!... We dont have many leaves here at my house ..Thats the one thing I really miss about living up North. The fall foliage. I also miss the cold winters and the snow. I'd love to move back North again but it's just not in the financial cards for us.

I made sure to pick up my turkey last month as well as a pumpkin pie which my husband requested. I have gravy and sweet potatoes and green beans just have to get some stuffing which he also requested but we'll see if I can find it...

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, that pumpkin pie dipped in the Cool Whip is ME. I LOVE lots of whipped cream on my pumpkin pie. And I love Maxine's picture and quote. Sounds just like what I'm going to experience here, as I heard we are getting a lot of snow this Winter. Your Christmas tree is sooooo pretty, Taryterre. I want to decorate sometime this week too. Your colorful star on top is delightful.

Enjoy the rest of the Autumn season, dear friend. Winter will be coming soon.

~Sheri

Practical Parsimony said...

Hardly any trees here have turned and then, only in spots. And, we won't get snow.

Your tree will cheer the world.

Unknown said...

How come I never thought to put a slice of pumpkin pie in a container of cool whip? That's simply genius. I will definitely do that this Thanksgiving.

Jon said...

I'm still lamenting the loss of October, but the autumnal foliage has been rather disappointing this year. Your Christmas tree is gorgeous.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Seeing that tree of lights would life my spirits as well, especially after this weekend time change and the earlier darkness. Yum pumpkin pie and cool whip or whipped cream or just pie is OK with me too! Thankfully, we no longer have fall leaves to rake but just to enjoy.