Monday, November 17, 2014

BATHROOM HUMOR & CHRISTMAS


I hate to bring up bodily functions, BUT it's a topic we all deal with, in one way or another, right? For the record, my husband and I have been known to plug up the toilet, now and then... as did our daughters, when they were growing up. But... we handily... took care of business, more times than not, with a simple plunger... instead of enlisting the help of a plumber, who would have broke the bank. So... imagine the big smile on my face when I saw this red plunger Christmas Tree at Big Lots. 


It really made my day. I feel you have to have a sense of humor in life. It's what gets you through, the good times and bad. I immediately rushed to the register with this quirky tree,  knowing it would be the perfect Christmas decoration for our hall bathroom, which is done up in a cabin motif. 


What do you think? Do humor and Christmas go together? 

14 comments:

betty said...

How cute!! Someone had a good imagination to design such a thing! I do think humor and Christmas do go together quite well :)

betty

jack69 said...

CERTAINLY! SMILES MAKE FOR GREAT TIMEW. Glad you found THE DECOR.

Love from the land of Sunshine...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

A little humor is always appreciated. It often lightens the load.

Chatty Crone said...

Absolutely YES. God wants us to be happy!

Chatty Crone said...

PS You need to go to the movie Saving Christmas with Kurt Cameron.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Definitely! But I think if I adopt this idea, I'll go for a new plunger instead of the well-used one at home!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my gosh, that is the perfect Christmas décor for your bathroom, especially hearing the story behind it. I have been wanting to go to Big Lots lately. I think this looks great sitting next to your Santa. I want to decorate this week!

What a cute find, Taryterre.

love,
~Sheri

Paula said...

To me humor goes with any and everything. Cute idea.

Mevely317 said...

Giggling over here like a 7th grader.
Love this out-of-the-box idea!

Sheila Y said...

Now I can say I saw something I haven't before, a plunger Christmas tree. Perfect bathroom decor, and it's cute next to Santa. Humor is always good! Stay warm, Sheila

Carol Z said...

Too, too cute. I live in a 1911 building and we are always having plumbing issues. You really just have to smile and appreciate good plumbing when it's working.

Lori said...

There is always a place for humor.

ce8d632a-647c-11e3-94d3-000bcdcb2996 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
White Lace and Promises said...

The tree made from the plunger is hysterically cute!