Monday, April 10, 2017

FEED A FEVER


My husband and I are playing musical chairs. One minute he’s sick, then the next I am. We’ve been passing whatever this is we have back and forth between us, since the 1st of the year. Sore throat, runny nose, cough, fever. Finally my hubby sought medical attention and went to the doctor. He has COPD so anything that exacerbates the condition requires a look-see by a medical professional.  He was immediately put on a series of prednisone and antibiotics to deal with it.  At that point I was symptom free. But the minute he started to improve, just a little, I caught it again. My throat was so bad this time, I wanted to cry. So I conceded I too needed to see the doctor.  I hope she’ll have something to take the edge off the sore throat. The rest I can handle but not that. Meantime, soup is our go to meal. And my hubby and I are trying to avoid contact to keep this BUG at BAY. Have you ever shared an illness with someone you love?  No fun is it?


9 comments:

betty said...

Hope you both feel better soon. I agree, I don't like sore throats either. Thankfully we have been healthy this year, but we have shared a few colds over the years. Usually now if someone thinks we are getting sick, we dont kiss or have to much contact to avoid sharing the germs.

Betty

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Taryterre, I'm sorry to hear you and husband have been sick. Sometimes these bugs last a long time. Rest and drink lots of tea - I think lemon is good too. A sore throat is awful. Can you believe I've had strep throat before, and I could barely swallow. But yours sounds like it's just part of the flu bug. Keep away from people for awhile so you don't catch anything else, and rest. Thinking of you this week. Let us know how you're doing, ok?

love, ~Sheri

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I got the flu after my move that was passed on by one of my helpers...Many of us suffered but I think now we are all recovered. Hopefully your trip to the doc takes care of yours ! Soup is good !

Mevely317 said...

So sorry to hear this! :(((((
Thus far, DH and I are symptom-free ... but we've friends in Florida and Indiana battling this 'crud', and now your household makes 3.

There's nothing medicinal about it, but I get sore throats sipping on herbal "Throat Coat" tea really helps my tonsils.

Mevely317 said...

SHOULD have said "sore throat relief" .... SMDH!

Lori said...

I hope you both are feeling better very soon! Strep throat has been going around in our area, but so far it has passed my by. It's mostly allergies that are bothering me and Thomas.

Jon said...

It's bad enough being sick, but constantly sharing it is even worse. Hopefully you will both be feeling better soon.

I don't know if you're "into" gargling, but whenever I have a bad sore throat I gargle with very warm (almost hot) water with baking soda and salt. About a teaspoon of each.

jack69 said...

Yeah, it must be the nature of the beast. We have done it many times in our marriage. I hate it when one of us is attacked, I miss those kisses. SO you are not sneaking one every once and a while, right?

I hate to hear it, Hope you both get WELLER soon.

Susan said...

Oh Taryterre, that is no fun at all. So sorry to hear you and hubs have been under the weather. Still hope you have a blessed Easter. Hope you don't have to cook. Thanks you so much for your sweet visits. They mean a lot to me. Hugs. Susan