I thought mailing a package to my mom on
November 17th would get there in time for Thanksgiving. I imagined the delight on her face... when she opened it, to see some new Christmas decorations. She has been reluctant to decorate since my dad passed and I thought some new things would cheer her up. But... ten days later the package is still missing. And an investigation by postal service has yielded no results. They haven't contacted me since the original documentation was filed. I'm hoping someone will reimburse me for the postage and missing items. The package disappeared somewhere between Baltimore and her house, according to the tracking number. I would hate to think a postal carrier took it? But what else could have happened to it? I fear this situation does not bode well for Christmas deliveries either from residences or businesses. They are telling folks if you want packages to be delivered in time for Christmas you have to mail them no later than December 11th. Given how my package to my mother was sent Priority Mail. And was supposed to be delivered in 2 to 3 days, well in advance of that date… I’m not sure I trust them to get the job done in December. I think the USPS problems will only get worse because of everybody ordering online this holiday season. Have any of you had delivery issues this early in the season?


7 comments:
Yes, many issues. Taking at least 2-3 times as long even in local areas. Packages taking forever. Even when buying from a store, I track from the site and they tell me for example it will be delivered in 2 days......seems that they deliver to USPS and from there it takes 7-10 days to get to me. That is with them saying that it sits in our rather local distribution post office. And even mail I am getting delivered up to 5:30 pm when lates used to be 2:00p........
A real mess with the PO from the new guy in charge and Trumpo ....it has been getting gradually worse since the end of summer. Hope it is found. I hope not to mail any packages this year...only envelopes......
I mailed a card to my granddaughter two towns over and it took a full week to reach her. I think there's an over load of mail and not enough carriers. My old faithful carrier retired. We used to get mail at noon now it's around 5. I fear some things will never be found . Hope you can get that to your mom. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
I've always had good luck mailing my packages, hope this is not a sign of things to come. I'll be sending out some gift cards and hope they get to where they are supposed to be. Sorry you had this happen' It doesn't speak well of the post office and they are struggling as it is.
By Dec 11 is still good time, all things considered. I am going to be ordering a gift to ship directly to the Netherlands. I wionder how long that will take from the USA.
What a shame! Hopefully, it will arrive soon.
Sorry to read that the package you sent to bring your mom some holiday cheer has instead brought frustration and disappointment. I do hope you can get some form of reimbursement for the missing items not to mention the priority mail postage. I will be mailing several packages ahead of the USPS recommendations and now hope that all safely reach their destinations.
What hurts in my mind was WHO the package was to. I would be heart broken had I mailed something to my mom and it got LOST! I do hope it shows up but timing is important, sometimes more important than the gift itself.
I sure do hate to hear it. We seldom send packages, I guess that is good.
Love from here
Sherry & jack
Post a Comment