Sunday, August 30, 2009

ONCE UPON A TIME....

Weekend was filled with a to do list. The boulevard needed to be cut. I spent part of the afternoon doing it. I like to scoot around on the riding mower... As long as standing and walking are not involved, my knees and hips can handle it. Some days are worse than others with the pain. Need to have them replaced, but I can't bear the thought... recovery time is too long. So for now... I suffer and complain.  It's hard to keep up with all the chores because of it. So... I've let too many things go. Nowadays... my house, inside,  looks like a tornado hit . Sometime soon, I keep promising myself, the place will look like home again. I just don't know when??? It's easier to ignore, than tackle. I long for the good old days and legs that worked. They are not going to get better, left alone, I know. I live in a Cape Cod and haven't been upstairs in over a year. My knees and hips can't take the strain. I can't sit on the floor either, to sort things out,  because getting up is near impossible. These limitations have aged me beyond my years... Such is life, my life. But once upon a time, I used to walk 5 miles a day and have a spotless place... In my dreams, I still do.

No comments: