Wednesday, September 2, 2009

SHEER JOY

I have temporarily retired from the drudgery of pots and pans, the sink full of dirty dishes, and countless trips to the grocery store. I gave it all up for the sheer joy of eating out, every single day. And what a joy, it is. No cooking, cleaning or fussing. The money I would have spent on groceries, now goes to an outside menu. Yummy! Of course, this new lifestyle was thrust upon me, quite by accident... you see, the burners on my stove broke, one by one... until it finally went kaput! Meals, while optional are a necessity, so eating out became the solution, until a new stove could be purchased. Sounds simple enough, you think?  But a funny thing happened on the way to buy that stove... technology changed. A stove, just isn't just a stove, anymore. I had choices, FLATTOP or COIL.  I wanted to stick with what I understood. But... the thought of something new intrigued me, too! Add to that, the right color, and price... And yours truly had a dilema. DECISIONS! DECISIONS! No answer in sight. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months... So here I am, still no stove. BUT meanwhile... I'm a regular at all the local eateries and even have my own table! There's no harm in that, is there?

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Hi lady from Ohio. I came over from Sonya's at My Southern Home. Welcome to our little blogger world.