Saturday, August 28, 2010

BLOG, ONE YEAR OLD

I can’t believe it. This is my BLOG anniversary. I should have champagne, a cake and balloons, to celebrate. HIP HIP HORRAY! I put up my first column here on Blogger... ONE year ago, today. I have written approximately once a week, without a vacation, or day off, ever since. So many nice people, I’ve connected with here. I love you all. I’m genuinely touched when you stop by to comment. I consider you all friends. Since I don’t do Facebook, this is my outlet. That and Twitter. Here's a link to my Twitter account. (http://twitter.com/taryterre1) Just so you know… I wasn’t a stranger to this blogging thing. Before this, I had my very own website where I spent quite a few years writing about politics. You see, I used to be a reporter and photographer for a small hometown paper. My job was to cover town council meetings. I had lots of opinions about local and national issues, I had to keep to myself. But having a website, after I got laid off, let me vent about them. Over the course of time, though… the political baggage was getting too heavy. And so was maintaining the site. Tired of my own rhetoric and that of the pundits, I left the past behind and began blogging about simple pleasures and problems. With only my family and a few friends reading, my new subject matter… I decided to expand my horizons. I dropped my website and joined Blogger. I have to admit... I was a J-Land lurker, and followed you all, over here. I’m happier now that I’m writing about the everyday things that happen to me. Far less stressful. Far more satisfying. I hope you’ll continue to join me, for whatever life throws my way. Just endless musing. A few laughs, a few tears and ALWAYS something to talk about.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Gosh I would have said you had been around alot longer than that ,congratulations on your first year ,I appreciate your visits to my blog ,Keep up the good work my friend ...love Jan xx

Bucko (a.k.a., Ken) said...

Happy Blogiversary :o)

LYN said...

Happy Anniversary!
I don't write as much as I used to but I am still here.. :-)

Nelle said...

Happy blogspot anniversary!

Missie said...

Happy Blogiversary! Hope you have many more!

Lori said...

Happy (belated) anniversary to you and your blog!!!