Friday, January 16, 2015

SLEEP SLEEP PERCHANCE TO DREAM


Last night I couldn’t go to sleep at all. We can’t shut the door to our bedroom, so pets have free reign in there. And one of my kitty cats… the big one, Dara… decided it was party time, the minute the lights went out. She started to annoy me when she began walking back and forth across the bed, from top to bottom, pacing like a pregnant cat. I’d kick her off the bed, she’d find a way back on. It became a game of cat and mouse. Drove me crazy. Bored, she then decided to do something else to get my attention. She walked on top of my pillow trying to sit on my head. To say this aggravated me is an understatement. I’d pick her up, put her on the floor and she ‘d jump up and do it again. I  tried to ignore her. That’s when things went from bad to worse. She decided that she wanted to lay down on top of my Kindle which was sitting on the nightstand, next to the bed. Knowing she is too heavy and might break the screen I did my best to thwart her efforts. Just when I thought I had  succeeded, the cat switched gears. She cleverly plotted a way to steal my eyeglasses… knocking them from the dresser and then dragging them across the floor… making enough noise to raise the dead. At this point, I was not a happy camper. My language became colorful and I screamed at the top of my lungs. I chastised the troublemaker for disturbing my sleep. It was enough to make her scram. Only problem was... the other cat, Mira, scared by my uncharacteristic behavior, at this ungodly hour in the morning, decided to firmly anchor herself to my feet. I realized there was no rest for the weary in this house.  So  I surrendered... got up, went online and kept myself busy for awhile. Both felines followed me out to my desk. I waited for them to fall asleep, then I went back to bed and dreamed about having a dog. 


12 comments:

Jon said...

Wow, I can relate to EVERY word of this post!! My cats do the exact same thing to me at night - especially since I moved into this new place. I haven't yet unpacked very much and I haven't arranged my furniture. They have complete freedom in the house.

My two younger cats (Bosco and Scruffy) sleep on my bed. They grab my glasses, play with the cell phone, sit on my head, sneeze in my face (YUCK!). My nights are a living hell with these delinquent felines.
You have my heartfelt sympathy!!

Perhaps we should consider trading them in for dogs....

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Oh my, that would make one annoyed to say the least. I remember one of my cats years ago that liked to bite your toes if you wiggled them under the covers. Thankfully the door to our bedroom did close. Out she went. It's no wonder you dream of having a dog. Hopefully the nighttime playfulness was a one time thing.

betty said...

LOL about dreaming about a dog; only thing they do is hog the bed when it is nighttime. Seems to be the one cat might have been bored herself and was trying to get you up to play with her. They are so clever, aren't they?

betty

jack69 said...

It must be the moon. I was at Cindi's site and her cats kept her up also.
Weird and wild.. (smile) Then it could be y'all just couldn't sleep and plamed it on the ssweet furballs. (BIG SMILE)

Paula said...

Being a cat lover I can appreciate this entry. Bet you wouldn't trade them for a dog for anything. lol

Danielle L Zecher said...

Don't you love cats? :-) All four of ours have been piling up in the bed lately, and they don't seem to care if we have room, as long as they're comfortable.

Red Rose Alley said...

hahaha, oh, this is too funny, Taryterre. Those cats of yours seemed to be restless last night. I've always been a dog person, but this cat story takes the cake. I loved the line, "my language became colorful".....hahaha, good one.

love, ~Sheri

Mevely317 said...

I dunno about a dog. Our pups are 18 mo. old now and still wake me up. I swear, they're just bored. You're right, it's NO FUN!

Have you tried Pheromone diffuser plug-in? My co-worker has 4 kitties and swears by it!

Stephen Tremp said...

And the cats were dreaming of cagey ways to dispose of the dog.

Lori said...

Very strange. I'd be worried that there was some sort of hidden agenda behind all of that, but I can't figure out what it might have been. If there had been a full moon I would say that it was moon madness! lol

Linda said...

Hope you feel better soon (from comment at Betty's)! Enjoyed reading about your cats. We're cat sitting and I slept in the room he is in 3 nights, and he likes to go under the covers and headbutt at breakfast time. Take care.

Terri B said...

Well, you just described my life with Katie. She rules the roost and is spoiled rotten. Some nights when she is acting so badly, I have to put her in another bedroom and shut the door so she will calm down and go to sleep. It's not like she doesn't already sleep 22 plus hours every day. LOL!