Sunday, June 25, 2017

ROSEBUD DELIGHT


Beauty can be found in simple things. And the joy something brings to one’s life can be priceless.  Tonight when I was headed out to my car after an unproductive store expedition I happened to glance down at my feet. There in the parking lot was the head of a rose that had been disconnected from it’s stem. Damaged... it lay there ignored by all the passerby’s except me. I instantly scooped it up off the ground... and found a place for it in my van’s cup holder... until I could get it home, and make a space for it on my computer desk,to admire it's beauty. The universe knew I needed a little 'pick me up' tonight. Who knew I'd find it in the form of a discarded flower? The pleasure this gift of nature has brought me is immeasurable. Have you ever found joy in something totally unexpected?

12 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How wonderful! That rose bud would be a delight to see. The unexpected blessings in life like that are usually the best ones!

jack69 said...

We all need one of 'em 'pick me ups' at times. Sweet entry

Back Porch Writer said...

Yes, I think these things do it for me: sunrise, sunset, red birds, a gentle breeze hitting my face, the first sip of coffee, the first sip of a superb wine. I could go on. Oh I guess this is a bit natural - the feeling of when your head first hits the pillow after a long day.

betty said...

Indeed a very delightful find!

Betty

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre, I love how unexpected things happen to you all the time. Maybe it's because you notice all the simple pleasures that come your way, and that is such a sign of gratefulness. And a red rose! Oh, this is something special. It was just for you, Taryterre. And how I love your stories. : )

~Sheri

Mevely317 said...

One man's trash ... another's treasure. Methinks that's a God wink, indeed.

PS - Your last line's given me a wonderful topic on which to ponder!

Jon said...

These things only happen to special people who are graced with sentimentality and a poetic soul. A hundred other people would have passed the rose without noticing it.
I always find pleasure small things like this.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

That rose was meant just for you. I love unexpected finds like that. So special and uplifting.

Paula said...

So many people would have just stepped over the rose and kept walking. I like the way you pay close attention to your surroundings and then act on what you see.

Lisa said...

The rose would have caught my eye as well. I'm glad you saved it so it could continue to display its beauty until it gives up.
Lisa

Andrea said...

It sounds like both of you needed each other.

I love when that happens!

Thank you for telling us about this. It brightened my day!!

Love, Andrea
xoxo

Susan said...

Awwww, that discarded rose was meant for you, Taryterre. You saw its loveliness and preciousness and brought it home. How wonderful. Love your new door, too. Now you can feel safe again. Thanks for all your visits. LOVE them! Hugs. Susan