Tuesday, December 19, 2017

SPINACH PIE AT LEO'S


One of our favorite places for a casual meal is Leo’s.  We can get spinach pie and a bowl of lemon chicken soup, a Mediterranean classic to wet our whistle… with a piece of baklava for dessert. 


In the heart of Royal OakMichigan the interior of the restaurant is painted with beautiful murals of Greek scenery. Affordable, the price is always right there and the food is more than delicious. Do you have a favorite place to eat?




12 comments:

NanaDiana said...

We have several small places here in Green Bay, WI. There is one that is a staple since the 1950s. Krolls--where the original old tacky booths and call buttons are still on the wall that you use to order. You pay at the table when they come with your food. xo Diana

betty said...

All look delicious! Since we are still new to the area, we are checking out a lot of different places to eat. Haven't landed on a favorite one yet (all enjoyable) but I'm sure one day soon we will :)

betty

jack69 said...

Whites and Rita's in Belmont, NC Actually Rita's is in Catawba Heights but the address is Belmont. LOL
I know I am weird, but Carrol White fries the prettiest eggs. They look like a picture. (I accuse him of frying them in Lard & Bacon grease like my mama did when I was little. ) LOL

Andrea said...

What wonderful pictures.... of food and you folks! I just love those tried and true local restaurants. Their food usually can't be beat... and this meal looks it too. xoxo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Leo's looks like a wonderful place and that meal sounds wonderful!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love spanakopita! i usually make my own but there is one place here that makes a decent one.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Your meal looks delicious! I have several places that I love to eat at so it's hard to pick a favorite. Merry Christmas to you!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a great place to eat! Everything looks so good. My mom used to make lemon and rice soup for my dad, and he loved it! That's nice that you went there with your husband to enjoy a meal before Christmas. I'd love to see the Greek murals on the wall. : )

Merry Christmas to you, my dear friend.

love, ~Sheri

Jon said...

I've never had spinach pie or lemon chicken soup but I'd like to try it - especially the soup. It's really difficult to find a good place to eat at a reasonable price nowadays.

Most of my very favorite places to eat were in California. I haven't found very many in Texas or here in rural TN. But, strangely enough, my cousin and I went to a good local place that has a Chinese buffet.

Mevely317 said...

Ah, I miss spinach pie! And that mural is wonderful; it reminds me of my former residence in Tarpon Springs (Fl).

"Where everybody knows your name ..." Ya, I long to rediscover such a place. Frankly, I lean towards small 'mom and pop' establishments where character trumps everything else.

Pam Kessler said...

Your meal looks yummy! But all I can think about is baklava right now.

Paula said...

Spinach Pie sounds interesting, don't think I've ever had that. Around here it is Mexican food or else which I do like but a good steak is welcome at times.