Monday, September 8, 2014

VINTAGE CLASSIC CAR SHOW


While I was out and about.... I came across a parking lot and field full of vintage automobiles. Though I am sad to say, I don't know the makes and models of these fabulous rides... it was fun seeing cars from back in the day. Those grills, lights and bodies were full of character, weren't they? Not like the 'cookie cutter' vehicles of today. If you recognize any of the beauties pictured here, leave a comment and tell me what they are. I'm sure we'd all enjoy knowing.





"Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car."
 ~E.B. White, One Man's Meat, 1943

"No other man-made device 
quite fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." 
~William Rootes

"The car has become... an article of dress 
without which we feel uncertain, 
unclad, and incomplete." 
~Marshall McLuhan, Understanding Media, 1964
                   


8 comments:

Jon said...

I love vintage automobiles and I really miss the days when each model and make was unique and individualized. Nowadays all the cars look exactly alike, including the color.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Love the cars; especially the blue and white one. I bet they'd be so comfortable to ride in. But without power steering and brakes, and with my carpel tunnel and arthritis, pretty challenging to drive. I'd need a chaufeur!

Paula said...

Like those cars and the sayings too.

betty said...

I never know models of cars, LOL, hubby and son are good at that :)

What a cool exhibit to have "stumbled" upon. I do agree with you, the older cars were so classy looking!

betty

jack69 said...

I love this even when I don't know them but some I do: #1 1939 Ford coupe (one of the most desired) #2 is a 55/56 Olds 4 dr hardtop (blue and white) a beauty. Then the two reds. the back one is a 1950 Buick, front red is a 1949 Ford.
I love the mid thirties car, but an not sure of the make but it is a big car (Chrysler, buick etc methinks).

The last one white is a 49/50 Ford , hard to distinguish the difference, but they all bring a smile. Thank you. SWEET!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love these vintage cars, Taryterre. I came across some myself about a year ago, and they were all following each other along the country roads. That blue one is very cool. I think it would be fun to ride in one sometime.

love,
~Sheri

Mevely317 said...

These are so cool!
I love the paint job on #4, and the front (grill?) of the one red car looks like it's got buck teeth!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

They are great to see and they are surely a nice hobby for some people. Cars in the 50's bring back some fond memories.