Sunday, October 26, 2014

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

In the past, my house has been
all decked out for Halloween,
inside and out.

Skeletons are usually seated in my patio chairs.

And Dracula has always been 
standing by, to greet visitors at the front door. 
But not this year. 
Instead...
Dracula is buried in the garage, 
along with the bones of Halloween past. 
So that is why my decor outside is so understated.


Only a scarecrow, some mums 
and a wreath are out there saying, 
HELLO, 
to passerby's. 







Inside though...
is a different story.
decorations are everywhere.
The focus this year seems to be 
on witches & jack o' lanterns. 
They make me smile.

 Puts me in the mood... 
for the little 
Trick or Treaters 
that will be 
haunting the streets. 
Though I must admit... 
we seldom have more than a handful
stop by here for their treats. 
What about you? 
Do you get alot of 
ghosts and goblins 
knocking on your door at Halloween?



MEANWHILE...
I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to be??? 

What do you think? 
I kind of like this old man,
don't you?

"Over the floor
and down the wall,
Like ghosts
the shadows
rise and fall."

edgar allan poe




11 comments:

betty said...

I agree; I think you should go as the old man :)

The past 2 years we have not gotten any trick or treaters. This year we are only buying one bag of candy instead of years' past when we bought several :)

betty

jaz@octoberfarm said...

we get unlimited trick or treaters. they come from everywhere. i've already made over 100 treat bags and last year that many disappeared within an hour. i need to buy more candy and make more!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

We don't get a lot of kids: perhas a couple of dozen. So, I only Halloween decorate myself now-a-days: too tired to do anything else. But I think you've decorated wonderfully.


I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love your wreath on the door and all your decorations. It's such a fun time to decorate. It really depends on the weather here as to how many we get for trick or treat. We've had over a 100 and as few as 25. Still I get out on the porch and hand out treats.Happy Halloween!

Paula said...

I'm sure the kids love you. My first year to not hand out the candy. As you probably read on my blog Cowboy Fellowship has a giant of a party and most kids go to that now days. Have a happy Halloween.

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre,
That old man mask is something else, it made me chuckle. I think it's great that your home is decked out for Halloween. I just moved, so not a lot of stuff inside or outside. I'm waiting for Christmas. And I love the wreath on your door and the scarecrow. Sometimes less looks wonderful.

Happy Halloween, my friend.

love,
~Sheri

Mevely317 said...

Ya, I vote for the 'old man', too! Love your scarecrow with the 'Raggedy Andy' look about him. (A cousin, perhaps?)

Here in cookie-cutter suburbia we get lots (and lots) of kiddos - often to the point we run out of goodies and turn out the light. Heck, after 9PM the wee princesses and goblins are replaced by teens, some of who don't even bother to dress up, much less say, "Thank you."

Chatty Crone said...

I love it - happy Halloween.

~mel said...

I get just a small handful of kids from the neighborhood and the smallest grandloves and great nieces and nephews ... maybe. I was just telling my daughter ~ while these kids are still young enough I should really put together a spooky haunted house Halloween party or something; but i know it won't be this year. I'm just too dang busy all the time to pull it together.

Pat MacKenzie said...

I used to carve jack-o-lanterns with the kids, but I really don't do anything in the way of Halloween decorating any more. At home we don't get more than four or five kids trick or treating. This is our first halloween in Arizona so I have no idea how many to expect.

Your decorations are lovely and tasteful. Enjoy the holiday.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love the old man mask! lol! We don't get any TorTer's here. We live at the edge of our town, almost in a rural area, so they don't come out this far.