Monday, October 13, 2014

POSTPONED AGAIN, NO FALL FOLIAGE


You know what they say about the best made plans. I'm here to tell you it's true. For quite some time now... I have been trying to find my way back to the East Coast to visit my parents. But... something always happens to change my itinerary, at the last minute. So this important trip hasn't materialized yet, and isn't going to be, for a while. This is making me quite frustrated. Especially since I want to see my parents and because I also wanted to see the trees changing colors in the mountains, this year... before the first snow flies. Let me tell you... a more beautiful, breathtaking sight, has never been seen. Those treetops come alive in the mountains, unlike anywhere else. They are ablaze and dazzle with vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows, that are literally transforming. Around here some of the trees are turning but nothing too spectacular, yet. How is the fall foliage where you are?


10 comments:

Mevely317 said...

I've been so long away from witnessing the changing of the seasons -- sometimes I feel like Edward G. Robinson's character in Soylent Green.

I so hope your inconvenience is just that, and nothing more serious.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do know what you mean as far as making plans go, most of agendas never come to pass so I'm resigned to looking at the Bright Side of life. If it didn't happen then it must be there is something better coming my way. Hope it is that way for you, that a better plan will take its place.

betty said...

So sorry you aren't able to visit your parents; I hope it will be sooner that later! Our leaves never change, LOL, until maybe December/January. I do miss the colors of the season from when we lived in Montana.

betty

Paula said...

We don't have much changing of the leaves here in south Texas. We are having a little bit of cooler weather but I know the heat will be back. Hope your trip works out in due time.

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre,
Your mom and dad's area sounds beautiful. I especially notice the change of seasons in the mountains when I visit my mother-in-law. Everything is so fresh with the mountain air. I do hope that you make it up that way soon. I'm definitely starting to see Autumn around here.

Have a great week.

love,
~Sheri

jack69 said...

Oh shucks, our only views of the beautiful foliage has been in pictures for the past few years. Not much here in south florida, but the BROWN leaves to fall from the Live Oaks. (smile)

jaz@octoberfarm said...

you'll have to get your fall fix on my blog. we have gone out almost every day so far to check out the colors!

Hollie said...

I enjoy seeing the fall foliage also. There's just not much to see here. The leaves are falling so fast.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Our fall foliage is pretty much all on the ground waiting to be raked up. I'm an East Coast (of Canada) girl originally too and really miss the vibrant colors of fall out here in the west where it's all yellow and gold. Hope you get to go visit your parents next fall then.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I don't think we're going to have the pretty foliage like we had last year. I could be wrong and hope I am. The rains and wind has already knocked quite a few leaves off the trees. I hope you get to visit your parents and see the foliage soon!