Saturday, January 2, 2010

SPECIAL RECIPE

When the weather outside gets cold… I know just the thing to warm up our insides. I whip up a large pot of my special spaghetti sauce for a delicious pasta meal. It makes the cool temps outside, melt away. But inevitably, I make too much sauce... and have half the pot leftover. So I save it, for another meal. Yet... spaghetti twice in a week, doesn’t sit well with us. That is when... my hubby does his magic, and doctors up my  sauce, making it into a scrumptious, piping hot pan of chili, for later in the week. One hint… the black beans make this chili recipe, sing. Those beans give it a hearty flavor. And the fact it started out as spaghetti sauce, just adds to the unique taste. Every year... the local restaurants have a CHILI COOKOFF, and we swear, our chili could win... if the local yokels, were allowed to enter, instead of the eateries. But it's not meant to be. So... for now, our family recipe for chili remains shrouded in secrecy. I make the first part, and the hubby makes part two. He doesn’t know the ingredients I use, and I don’t know the ones he uses. So… neither of us, knows how to make the complete recipe! Yet, the combination of our efforts, spells success. Maybe someday... we’ll write it down. But for now ,we’re having too much fun doing it this way. Yummy! Yummy!

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh you made me laugh out loud...thinking of the possible entry in a contest of the winning chili and neither of you knowing the ingredients b/c of the situation. It's GREAT! Perhaps you should share though, with one another eventually. Having chili made of spaghetti sauce sounds really good. I guess you can override the italian spices with cumin anyday? Ya'll have fun. We are having spaghetti tomorrow night for my birthday dinner.

LYN said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

LYN said...

EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND YOU THAT BOOK..THAT'S IF YOU DON'T THINK I'M WEIRD OR ANYTHING! I PROMISE I'M NOT JUST LIKE TO SEND MY BOOKS ON... ;-)

MY EMAIL IS UKGAL36@AOL.COM