Saturday, April 3, 2010

HAPPY SPRING

At long last… it’s time to say goodbye to those comfy, cozy flannel sheets… I love on my bed… on cold, cold nights. No more heavy coats to weigh me down, when I’m out and about, either. Time to pull the warm weather clothes out of mothballs in the closet. And get the lawnmower, gassed, oiled and ready to roll. No doubt about it. Spring has sprung. Temperatures in the 70’s and 80’s, this week, clinched the deal. Flowers are blooming. Birds chirping. And every night at dusk, predictable as a clock, and regardless of the weather… a cute little BUNNY RABBIT scurries out into my yard to munch on growing grass. Meanwhile... I've got to decorate the eggs. I'm suddenly craving PEEPS and jellybeans. It MUST be spring. A time to REJOICE, and a time for RENEWAL. And... a time to INDULGE in... everything chocolate.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Not quite time to discard the winter warm stuff quite yet it is very cold here ,and snow in Scotland and Northern Ireland Brr ...Yes the Lord Liuetenant was quite a dish ,he can leave his slippers under my bed any time though Maurice might object hee hee ,A Very Happy,and Blessed Easter to you dear friend ...love Jan xx

Donna said...

Like Jan said, I'm keeping my flannels for a couple more weeks at least. And I wore my coat out this morning when I went to milk the cow.

Bucko (a.k.a., Ken) said...

I drove home from work yesterday with the top down for the first time, love warm weather :o)

nancy said...

We had great weather here in WNY. High today was 85 and hot. I can't remember early April being this hot.Now down into the 40's,BRR. Have a great Easter. Nancy

Lori said...

I do love spring! It has been so nice here for the past two weeks. Today we had rain and the temps dipped back down into the 50s (40s at night), but tomorrow they climb back up again.