Friday, August 26, 2011

LET'S CELEBRATE A BLOGIVERSARY


I love writing. If I don’t put pen to paper... it eats a big empty hole in my heart. That is why I always carry a 5 x7 notebook everywhere I go... or my XOOM, or a netbook computer. I was born to do this writing thing. Got paid to do it... once upon a time. Even the epitaph on my tombstone alludes to this passion. So... it logically follows, that blogging, became a natural extension of my writing. My blog will be TWO years old in a couple days. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, TARYTERRE. Or should I say HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY? It seems like I’ve been around much longer than TWO years, doesn’t it? I’m so proud of what I’ve done here. I like sharing my adventures with you on a weekly basis. And, I enjoy reading your comments. I love each and every one of my blog buddies, too. All of you... have really made a BIG difference in my life. Without realizing it, you’ve become family. I can’t imagine... a day, a week, or a month going by... without me checking in... to read your blogs, to see how you’re all doing? I was a lurker back when you had J-Land. I don’t know why I waited so-oo long to join the conversation. Back then... the excuse for not signing up was the fact I had my own website and was preoccupied with that. But... then reality set in. Your move to Blogger from AOL... was the spark that really kicked my rear in gear. I was afraid I’d lose touch with you all. And I couldn’t bear the thought. So I joined the crowd, as a newbie and forged ahead. And the rest is history. In honor of my anniversary here... I want you to know... I started another blog to compliment this one. Please check it out. It is light-hearted and fun. And should bring a smile to your lips, at least some of the time. I will post on it, randomly. For those of you who might be interested... It's called SCOOTER LADY RIDES AGAIN. Here is the link. http://scooterladyridesagain.blogspot.com/ And of course... I will be right here, keeping TARYTERRE going strong. Look for my new posts, to appear at the end of each week... on either Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays. What day I update... depends on my schedule. If you'd like to take a trip down memory lane... feel free to browse my previous columns. You might note... that I always post the same story, with variations... every Christmas, so I can spend time relaxing with my hubby, daughters and grandchildren... instead of blogging. Not to slight you, but the truth is... for the past two, actually three years... we really have seen all those deer in the neighborhood, on or around the holiday. I kid you not. So it is fitting I repeat the story. Truth is stranger than fiction. Thanks for the memories, dear internet friends. I hope we’ll make many more, in the years ahead.

P.S. For those of you that participated in the comment section of my last blog WHAT FOOD IS IT? Time is up. I hope you had fun. I got a kick out of your answers. You all had GOOD guesses and most of the ingredients. But nobody GOT it entirely right. So I can’t hand out bragging rights or kudos. Are you ready? The FOOD in question had cheese, sour cream, chives, onions, tomatoes, bacon and the SECRET ingredient is MASHED POTATOES. This particular dish is called a TWICE BAKED MASHED POTATO BOWL. And it is so-ooo yummy. Especially on a cool autumn, or winter day. Were you surprised?

7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I was surprised. It looks like a wonderfully yummy dish though. Happy anniversary to you! I love keeping my journal and all those I've met in bloggerville too. Have a wonderful Friday!

jack69 said...

The dish does sound and look delicious. I guess there is some writer in all of us who spend time here. I enjoy meeting new folks and taking a little time to get to know them. Glad you came aboard the Shipslog. I enjoy reading Taryterre and scooter lady. I do get them mixed up, but then I am old. hahaha.

Nelle said...

Happy blog anniversary...I will be going to check out the new blog! I never saw the twice baked potato anywhere like that but it looks so good.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Happy Blogiversary. I'm so glad I found you and the scooter lady blog. I enjoy your writing and stories. Did you make that mashed potato dish yourself or was it a restaurant dish? Looks yummy.

Bucko (a.k.a., Ken) said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Buttercup said...

Happy Blogiversary! So glad that our paths have crossed in Blogland. Wishing you many more happy blogging years. Will definitely check out your new blog. The title is great.

Lori said...

Hey, Happy belated Blogiversary!