Friday, August 19, 2011

WHAT FOOD is IT? MAKE A GUESS.

When I’m looking for comfort food that I don’t make at home… I go to my favorite carryout restaurant and buy this particular dish. It warms the cockles of my heart and tastes yummy. I thought it might be fun for you to guess WHAT FOOD is IT? (See the photograph. Click on it to get a better look. It might help.) The first person that guesses it right on my comment page, where it is date stamped, will win bragging rights. I will post the answer... with kudos to the winner... in my comment section, at the end of next week. Meanwhile, check back from time to time to see what others think. It could get interesting. I am really curious to see if any of you can guess WHAT FOOD it IS? You might be surprised or maybe, it's just too obvious. What do you think? Make a guess.

7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

With the sour cream and cheese layered on top my guess would be a taco salad. Hope your Friday is a fantastic one!!

jack69 said...

I guess my entry did not make it. Since taco salad is taken. Black beans and rice with tomatoes, cheese and sour cream. It is Mexican, isn't it?

Sherry & jack

Desiree said...

This is a fun exercise! I'm not that clued up about too many different types of foreign dishes I can see it's topped with a dollop of yoghurt, chopped coves and is obviously some type of Saldana made of chopped tomatoes and two kinds of grated cheese, but that's as far as my guess gets me. What it is I could not say. I have popped on over from Pats Ramblings since she has said some very nice things about you on her blog.

Terra said...

It is a Mexican dish, but I don't know the name; it looks like beans and sour cream and grated cheese. Yum.

Nelle said...

Whatever it is, I'll have one :)

TARYTERRE said...

For those of you that participated in the WHAT FOOD IS IT? Time is up. I hope you had fun. I got a kick out of your answers. You all had GOOD guesses and most of the ingredients. But nobody GOT it entirely right. So I can’t hand out bragging rights or kudos. Are you ready? The FOOD in question had cheese, sour cream, chives, onions, tomatoes, bacon and the SECRET ingredient, mashed potatoes. It’s called a TWICE BAKED MASHED POTATO BOWL. And it is so-ooo yummy. Especially on a cool autumn or winter day. Were you surprised?

Lori said...

Oh wow! That looks and sounds extremely good!!! I'm going to have to make that some day.