Monday, December 19, 2011

CHRISTMAS AT A DIFFERENT TIME, NEW YEARS TOO

 
Let's take a trip back in time... 

A Victorian Couple is about to entertain a few friends



During the Christmas season.

 Invitations have been sent

A pretty Punch Bowl is out on the table

The Piano is waiting for friends to gather round
to sing carols



The Dining Room Table is set


A family member sits by the staircase to catch a glimpse
of company when it arrives...



The first guests admire one of the Christmas Trees


An anxious suitor waits 

More friends gather


Everybody is happy to see each other


One of the relatives shows off his Trophy Room



A good time is had by all


Now we head back further in time...

HARK THE HERALD ANGELS SING


MARY did you KNOW
that your Baby Boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
The sleeping Child you're holding is the Great, I Am.

SILENT NIGHT, HOLY NIGHT
Shepherds QUAKE at the sight

COME ALL YE FAITHFUL
O Come let us ADORE him



WAKE UP PEOPLE
It's time to
FLASHBACK to the FUTURE...


MARCH of the TOY SOLDIER

The MRS. spreading HOLIDAY cheer


REINDEER giving FREE RIDES before they
 leave the North Pole



You BETTER watch OUT...
SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN


 NEIGHBORHOOD LIGHTS TO GREET HIM



Showcasing
ALL the COLORS of the SEASON.



Just LOVE a man in a RED velvet suit,
with WHITE trim...
don't you?



See you back here on January 2nd or sooner. From our home to yours...

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR




...HAPPY CHANUKAH...
to ALL my Jewish FRIENDS and LOVED ones, too.



"Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And auld lang syne!
For auld lang syne, my dear,

For auld lang syne.

We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,

For auld lang syne."


2012








26 comments:

Bobbi said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I pray that your holiday is filled with good times, good health, and many blessings. This post is so uplifting... I love 'Mary Did you Know' it always brings tears to my eyes. And that's one of the best santa's I've seen in a long time. He must be the real deal. Have a beautiful, blessed Christmas my friend.. 'see' you next year.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you have a wonderful Merry Christmas there at your house. Saw from one of your comments on another blog that your knee is giving you problems. Hope you are better soon. Take good care!

Lucy said...

How cool can you get. Love the way you have dine this entry. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. My knee and hip is giving me trouble also with all the extra activity. Hope yours eases up soon.

jack69 said...

What a neat entry. Yeah, times they do change. But we do knolw the reason for the season. Nice to you to include everyone and many ages. Enjoy all the holidays and have a great time with all the friends.
Sending love from here,.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Ina in Alaska said...

Gorgeous post! Loved the transition from old to current.... not sure if the little girl in pink was happy to see Santa......That is quite an upper income home! I wonder what the former owner did to earn his income. Sad about the animals though I do not approve of hunting gorgeous animals ...

We have a lovely but tiny home here in Anchorage called the Oscar Anderson house. You could Google it and see pictures. It belonged to a former prominent merchant (I believe he was a butcher) in Anchorage and at one time was "state of the art" for Anchorage.

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Thank you for sending kind thoughts to the Houston Pittie Pack. Wow what a terrible and devastating loss for them, especially at Christmas. Hugs to you dear xoxo

Lucy said...

I already commented but my right Knee gave out almost all together about 2 months ago. I finally made it out to my chair by holding on to things. I had to put my leg up and keep ice on it for several days. I can use it but I have to be so careful and it hurts all the time. I do hope you can find some thing to get it better fast. Getting old is literally a pain.

Life Line said...

I like your pictures.. nice....

Tami said...

Great pictures of a Victorian Christmas. I am always fascinated by the past.

Belle said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family! The stairway of the house is amazing. I love going to museums of all kinds. Victorian furniture was so beautiful. Loved the part about Jesus and then the lights and Santa.

Red Rose Alley said...

I loved the Victorian era. The women were so elegant. No matter what time period we are in, Jesus will always be Heaven's perfect child, as you said. This year, I have met some wonderful people in blogging, and you are one them. I want to wish you a Merry Christmas, and may your season be filled with peace. And yes, the man in the red velvet suit...LOVE HIM!
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Forty Pound Sack said...

Wow, what great photos! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. See you soon ~

Lucy said...

Tary, I do hope your knee is better. Have to getyou going so you can have a good Christmas.

Bucko (a.k.a., Ken) said...

Have some happy holidays and see you next year!

Nell said...

Wishing you and yours a beautiful holiday season, a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year. Your friendship has been one of my many gifts this year. Thank you :)

Pearl said...

What beautiful photos!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Pearl

Pam said...

Merry Christmas to you also. Have a wonderful time with the family.

Diann said...

Love it! What a fun post! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Lucy said...

I hope that you can get in to your Doctor soon. I think!!!lol, your entry is a hit. I love it. I hope somehow you are able to enjoy your holiday. I sympathize, believe me.

~mel said...

This post about covers it all! Merry Christmas!!!

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

Great shots, looks like so much fun! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Sonya said...

Cute entry! Merry Christmas to you all and I hope you feel better and won't need surgery. (Saw your last comment on my blog). I'll be praying for you. You will have to come read about my cake explosion on my blog. lol

Nezzy said...

I so enjoyed this past, present future post!

God bless ya sweetie and may your Christmas be filled with the laughter of great friends, the love of family and fudge baby. Heaps of rich delicious fudge!!! Heehehehe!

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA'LL!!! :o)

jaz@octoberfarm said...

wow...how festive. i love that first tree!!! how the heck did you tear both meniscus's or is it meniscii? i wish you a wonderful holiday and quick heeling!

Lucy said...

I got in a hurry and took Christmas off my blog, but that does not mean I don't have the Christmas spirit. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Soos said...

Those people look kinda wooden, but they have GREAT hair! Hope your knee is better soon!

Cliff said...

Your guest seem a bit, well... stiff to me or maybe stuffy.
Times have changed I'm sad to say. Best Wishes for the New Year.