Monday, December 5, 2011

CHRISTMAS NOW AT MY HOUSE

Well the inside Christmas decorations are finally done. The first ones to go up every year are my Motion Figures. Aren't they cute?  A little boy and a little girl caroling.  Haven't watched a TV Shopping Channel in years. But I got these CAROLERS from QVC. Must be over 20 years ago. One of the first purchases I ever made there. Never named these cuties, though. Maybe I should, what do you think?
And of course, my FAVORITE fella at this time of year is the man with the RED SUIT.  The one, the only DANCING SANTA CLAUS.  We put him behind the sofa in our living room.  I fell in love with him about 10 years ago at a local Menards. Everytime I went into the store, I would turn him on. Get your heads out of the gutter people. I just flipped a switch. LOL  And he'd start singing and dancing. I'd join in and so would other folks. Made me happy. So much so, I thought about him day and night. Made my husband a little jealous. So I introduced him. My husband found DANCING SANTA to be quite a guy. He decided we needed to bring him home to entertain us. He asked HOW MUCH it would cost to do that and found out the price was right. So we've enjoyed the pleasure of  Santa's company ever since.
My ANGEL CHERUB Water Fountain was a present for my 40th birthday. So many moons ago, when I was just a kid. That was a birthday to remember.  Every year I fill the base with pretty red POINSETTIAS for the holidays.  So festive.
Our mantel is kind of understated. Just a couple snowmen stockings and burlap evergreens with red bows.
A cheerful ELF and SOAP snowman sit on my counter in the bathroom.
A little Christmas Angel and Bottle Brush Tree sits besides me at the computer desk while I type.
Our little Silver Tree stands about 2-1/2 feet tall. It has a few bulbs hanging on it, that's all.
I'm CRAZY about our Fireplace Heater and Bears. Adds a rustic flair to the Family Room. Keeps us cozy and warm in the winter, too. This is the place I go to meditate and DRAIN my BRAIN.  How do you like that sign?  It's a warning. GO AWAY.  Leave me alone. I'm in the moment and do not want to be disturbed. For the holidays, I did it up with a garland of poinsettias and a little wreath under the Vintage Espresso Maker. I don't know if you can see it... but on the top of the fireplace, to the right, there is a Deer with Antlers. It is actually a very, very, very old DoorKnocker.  Pretty cool, huh?

This isn't a very good picture. But this is our BIG Tree. Sssh! I will tell you a little secret. We keep it up year round. It goes dark after the New Year and doesn't get re-lit until Thanksgiving the following autumn.

This little snowman stays up all winter, too... until the last snow flies. My father made it for me and I hold it near and dear to my heart. Christmas just isn't Christmas without it. 

 
Let me introduce our FURBABIES, Mira and Dara. They are sisters. They look like twins, don't they? They apparently wanted to make a CAMEO appearance with the MOOSE Centerpiece. When I'm not looking they try to play with the styrofoam berries at the base of it.  Don't let their sweet little faces fool you. They are trouble with a capital T. It took a few years to stop them from crawling up the tree at Christmas. And if they get a hold of tinsel at this time of year,  it ends up dangling from their cute little tushies and you have to pull it out. HORRORS.  I can't buy real poinsettias because if either cat nibbles on it, they could die. So we celebrate the holidays with a bit of caution. But it's the price you pay to protect the ones you love.


And finally... I had to make a little bowl of cinnamon pinecones with some mistletoe to sit on an end table. Besides looking nice, it fills my home with the fragrant smell of the holiday season. Don't you just LOVE Christmas and all the trimmings?

27 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your home looks just beautiful I like all the decorations, even the cats. What a wonderful Christmas Card that picture would make. I do love this time of year and all that goes with it.

madcobug said...

It all looks beautiful. I haven't time to read the entry got to go get that back MRI in a few minutes. Merry Christmas. Helen

just call me jo said...

Those cats are beautiful and I'm not even a cat person. I love all animals though and those felines are fabulous. Your decorations are novel and special for you. That's what is most important for the holidays-- I love those time tested decorations that have special meaning. I'm so glad we are bloggy buddies. I appreciate your comments on my blog.

Lucy said...

I love your decorations. Some, actually most are different and I like that. I usually have the same old same old scaled down version, but it is a little different than my header. That was probably 2 years ago. We were going to dig our out yesterday but we did to many other things, like cleaning, so Joe said he would dig them out of our jungle in the basement.

That corgi :) said...

I love your Dancing Santa Claus! So cute!! I also like your idea about keeping the tree up like that all year round! I know of some people who would just store it in the basement up until the next year, but I like your idea better! All the decorations look so festive; love that the cats decided to join in the festivities and get their picture taken too! I'm sure those pinecones help make it feel more Christmasy too! Enjoy the season!

betty

jack69 said...

Too funny lady, about the dancing Santa. But I am glad you have him. Enjoyed the pictures and the read. Gets me more Christmassy all the time.
Love from here
Sherry & Jack

Whosyergurl said...

Love your little silver tree! I don't get out/do a whole lot for Christmas. It will be quiet this year. I'm heading to see the girls the 15th- that will be my REAL Christmas!
xo, Cheryl

Whosyergurl said...

YAY! I was finally able to comment. I've been quite concerned- you are so sweet to always comment and I cannot tell you how many times I've written and blogger has come back with some dumb "you don't have access" comment. Hopefully that is over! xo, c.

Belle said...

Love the little girl and boy caroling. It is fun to hear the stories behind some of your decorations. Your angel cherub is especially beautiful. Love the "Go Away" bear! Very cute. My daughter Sandy has trouble with her cats climbing the tree too. Merry Christmas to you.

~mel said...

Congrats on all the decorating! I haven't done a thing yet ... and I know I'll be kicking myself later because of it. I need motivation ~ maybe now that I read all the things you have done so far I'll get my butt in gear and get some decorating done too:)

Buttercup said...

Your house looks lovely. I keep a few of my snowmen out all year. They're just so cute! I'd love to be over to visit for cookies and a cup of tea!

Ina in Alaska said...

Your home is very Christmassy! I LOVE Mr. Dancing Santa, he must be a lot of fun!!

Confession: We too keep a white lighted tree going all year, including leaving it lit. The only difference with our tree is during the Christmas season it is upstairs in our living room and after Christmas it goes to the downstairs family room. My husband LOVES this tree. It was a major problem moving it downstairs but I finally did one year and that was that!

Your kitties are very adorable! And thank you for all your nice kind words over on my blog on my mom's 80th birthday and Corbie's adoption. It has been a whirlwind here in NJ!! I have not had any time to keep up with my blog friends.

Funny in My Mind said...

Everything looks great! Makes me want to get the rest of my stuff out (it is all on the kitchen table and my husband said it better be gone by the time I go on my trip!)
He says the same thing exactly as your hubby, "this will not be an all day shopping trip!"
Like "I have spoken!" sheesh
Love Santa and especially the big friendly (ha) Moose.
Pretty fur babies.

Lucy said...

The fur babies are adorable, and not going to be left out of the festivities. Our house would be to small to leave a tree up in any corner. I am one of those that I live putting things up but by New Years they are down and put away, IF i can get Joe to do it. He always does but he gives me a hard time, first.

Tami said...

My favorite is the Moose! My youngest son's nickname is Moose so I tend to go gaga over anything related to Moose!! xoxo

Red Rose Alley said...

Hello,
I really emjoyed looking at all your Christmas decorations. They are so cute and festive, but I have a few favorites. The dancing Santa..oh my! The angel with the poinsetta is sweet - you can fill her up with different things for different holidays. I would love to look at that Christmas angel when I'm on the computer. And lastly, the snowman that your father made for you is a treasure. It must bring joy to your heart every year. Loved this post today, my friend.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Bobbi said...

Wow! So many cool decorations!! I love the dancing Santa.. and the sign that says GO AWAY. I have a sign that says BE NICE OR GO AWAY. Haha! Mira and Dara are BEAUTIfUL fur babies! Trouble, eh? They look so sweet and innocent. I can almost smell those cinnamon pinecones... mmm Thanks for inviting us in to take a look! Now if you could just post a video of you dancing with Santa...

Diann said...

Oh, lots of cute Christmas decorations! I LOVE that Santa holding the Christmas lights! And the picture of the cats just cracks me up! they look so bored. It is amazing how cats can always give you that "this is sooo beneath me" look!

Pearl said...

Very nice! and the kitties are adorable...

Greetings from Minneapolis,

Pearl

cliffmorrow said...

before I write something lengty again just to have it disapear, I'm going to try posting this short comment. I'm going to try a new way around your guardian.

cliffmorrow said...

Well butter my butt and call me a bisquit. I did it after a lot of tries in the past.
Any how, your decorations look great and that's coming from one who probably wouldn't have any decorations except to the fact I'm married. I think it would come to no decorations knowing I could wake up Dec 26th and not have a bunch of stuff to put away.
I do have one question, is your dancing Santa as big as he looks or do you just hang your pictures about 3 feet from the floor? He is impressive.

Pam said...

I love that dancing Santa. I want one!

Nelle said...

I feel like I just visited your home. Thanks for sharing these pics. I still don't have my tree up and I keep waffling about if/when I'm going to do it. Been a weird year. Merry Christmas!

Bucko (a.k.a., Ken) said...

Looks very festive.

Lucy said...

Are you ready for Christmas, completely? All we have are our decorations up.

Soos said...

I'm sending DH over to your house - he LOVES Christmas!

Lori said...

I love the expressions on the cats faces! lol