Sunday, January 29, 2012

IZZE RUINED MY KEYBOARD

Last night I had a bottle of IZZE. It’s a combination of fruit juice and sparkling water. It’s my NEW favorite drink. But it’s expensive, so when I have one, it’s a real TREAT. Unfortunately, I accidently knocked the bottle over and spilled it. It poured out all over my computer keyboard. What a mess. Not knowing what to do… I flipped my keyboard upside down and let it drain. All night long. I figured it would be good to go in the morning. So I slept in and forgot about it. Later in the day, I cleaned up the damage. Everything seemed to be functioning until I tried to use my space bar. It kept sticking. Then it STOPPED working altogether. Wouldn’t budge. This frustrated me. Not only had I lost the cost of the IZZE, but now I needed to BUY a NEW keyboard. This was an added expense, we didn’t need. It snowed today and I made a decision not to drive in it. So the keyboard would have to wait until Monday or sometime later in the week. There would be no commenting on blogs or new blog posts from me, today. I was really mad at myself for being so clumsy. I began moping around the house since I couldn’t be online. But my hubby quickly came to my rescue, when he heard the problem. He went into his office and brought out a BRAND NEW keyboard, still in the box. It apparently had come with a NEW computer he had gotten a while back. At the time, he kept using his old keyboard with it because he didn’t like this one. LUCKY for me, he didn’t throw it away, or donate it. I LOVE this NEW keyboard. The buttons are recessed into the board, flushed with the surface. It’s more sleek and modern than the one that got drenched with IZZE. I LOVE it. Which goes to prove... ‘One man’s junk is another man’s treasure.’ And... gifts come from the most unexpected places. I wonder what else my husband has hidden in that office of his?



26 comments:

jack69 said...

Don't you love it when tragedy turns to triumph!!!!
funny that I figured a keyboard to be $30 min. I needed some new keys because I wear them off fast. $7 for a new one! I was shocked. I could not have replaced the three keys for that. I don't like the back up, but hey, at least I can see what letters are what, since I am not a typist.

Glad you ain't made at Izze anymore. LOL

Ina in Alaska said...

That is a cautionary tale with a happy ending!

It is wonderful when a solution to a distressing problem happens so quickly. What a sweet husband!! Happy web surfing!!

Buttercup said...

I once lost an answering machine to a cup of coffee. I learned a lesson about beverage and electronics. Glad your story ended happier than mine.

Sheila Y said...

Glad you had a happy outcome. All's well that ends well. Enjoy your new keyboard and have a great week, Sheila

Lisa said...

Glad you got a new keyboard. I am such a klutz I never drink anything near my laptop, Hugs Lisa

Soos said...

computer + spilled liquid = not a happy ending :(

glad it turned out ok for you!

Tami said...

Your knight in shinning white armor coming to the rescue!

just call me jo said...

Wow, you were lucky! (or blessed, or both) I've ruined serveral things with spilled Diet Coke. Not smart--me!! Blog on, my friend.

Formerly known as Frau said...

No more drinking and typing for you!! Im definitely going to try that drink sounds yummy! Have a wonderful Monday!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have done in several keyboards with spilling something on them. Now I keep a plastic key board protector over mine. It keeps the dust out too. I'd had my old one almost 2 years so this past weekend I got a new one. How wonderful your hubby had a spare there.

Belle said...

I'm so happy he had one! My husband is like that too. I never know what he is going to pull out of the closet. He saves everything.

An Earth Mama said...

Unexpected blessings. They're the best kind. Enjoy! :-)

Pat MacKenzie said...

Back in my working days one of the employees was infamous for spilling coffee on her keyboard. Whenever we heard that squeal from Esther, someone would go find a new keyboard for her. How lucky for you your hubby had a spare around. Sorry about the loss of your IZZE though!!

Forty Pound Sack said...

Yay Hubs! So glad you got to stay and play without the hassle of shopping for a new keyboard. The worst thing for them is fruit juice, BTW. Between the acid and the sugar, it's pretty hard to save one that gets drenched.

Missie said...

I think we've all spilled crap on our keyboards and if we haven't yet, we're doomed to do it. LOL

Glad you had an extra keyboard around. We try to keep stuff like that around too for emergencies.

Have a good week.

Paula said...

I need to try that drink but not at my keyboard. Glad you got a new one so easy.

Lucy said...

Great that a New Keyboard was handy. That drink sounds good. You know, I have never sought out a second opinion and would have not done it this time if he had not set his insurance acceptance plan to where I would have cost me more money. I got the right diagnosis and a doctor that believes in trying simple measures before jumping into surgery. Plus he had xrays of the hips and pointed out the reason that I didn't need a new hip. Thanks for the well wishes and the same for you.

Nelle said...

When that last happened to me a guy I knew who fixed computers told me to unplug the keyboard and soak it in a pan of water. I was shocked but it worked. It had to dry out for a day or so but worked fine when I plugged it in again. When drinking near my laptop I use travel mugs that don't spill. Worth the trouble. Glad this turned out ok for you though. Good job by hubby hanging onto that keyboard.

Nezzy said...

This is why our computer desk is a drink/food free area. Ya should see what middle school students do to these things! Heeehehehe!

So glad your Hubs had a back~up plan!

God bless ya and have a fantabulous day!!! :o)

RoeH said...

YES! Chamber pots. You gotta put a link to your email so we can chit-chat.

Bobbi said...

A happy ending! just what I love!! See, if you wouldn't have spilled the izze (I didn't even know what that was until now) you would have never experienced this wonderful new keyboard! Yay for hubby!!

Cliff said...

I need to try the spilling on the keyboard thing. I need a new one. The letters on my 'Backpace' key have been completely worn off. Over use I think.

Whosyergurl said...

Sounds like hubby is a sweetheart because that was INCREDIBLY thoughtful and sweet of him to go find that keyboard for you! It all worked out. How nice. I love it when that happens!
xo, Cheryl

Rose said...

Great outcome regarding the keyboard!

I've learned a long time ago when still employeed....we were not allowed to have any beverages near the keyboards.........

Yet, I have been bringing my coffee to my desk every morning not that I'm retired.

One day at a time said...

Thank you for your comments, your support is so appreciated. Best wishes jackie x
Its trying to snow again this evening, but i feel cosy infront of the woodstove!

Lori said...

Hubby to the rescue!! lol Glad he had one stashed away.