Sunday, February 12, 2012

MY VALENTINE'S SONG TO YOU

In honor of Valentine's Day... Here are some of the lyrics to a song I adore called I GUESS I LOVE YOU written by Jack Murphy, music by Frank Wildhorn and recorded by Linda Eder. It's on her It's No Secret Anymore album. If you have NEVER heard of her, you are missing a real treat.(couldn't find a video of her singing this particular song, though) And just so you know, I paraphrased the lyrics, leaving some parts out. Let's just say I had my reasons and leave it at that. OK? It is a FUN song, a bit unconventional, but I think you'll like it. It comes from my heart. It is dedicated to all my blog buddies, friends, family, furbabies and last but not least, my hubby. HAPPY HEART DAY.


"I WANT you. What can I say?

I'm undeniably, reliably SINCERE that way


I NEED you... I must confess


The heart and soul of you, the whole of you


And nothing less.


'Cause when I'm near you


You pop the top off my thermostat


I guess I love you, that's that!

Why fight it...What can I do?


I am pathetically, genetically disposed to you


So take me... My heart's aflame


I'll be like Juliet who can't forget old what's-his-name


I guess I love you, like Santa loves his sled


Like "Blue Eyes" said: "You go to my head"


I want you... Haven't you heard?


I'm exponentially, essentially...Oh, what's the word?


I need you...Will I let go?


I'll be redundantly redundant... NO, no, no, no, no!


'Cause since I FOUND you


My life is one sappy, HAPPY mess.


How do I want you?


How do I need you?


How much do I love you?


Just guess."


PS) I was going to end my post on the picture above. But in light of recent news, I changed my mind.  When I first heard the song THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL it touched my soul. It was such an inspiration. Whitney Houston may you Rest in Peace. Your VOICE, that AMAZING voice,  will be missed by us all.



 

25 comments:

Jon said...

I like the lyrics but I've never heard of the song.
May your Valentine's Day be filled with everything sweet!

Raindrops and Daisies said...

I have never heard of the song either but I love the lyrics especially the mention of Santa and Ol Blue Eyes!!!

Wishing you a happy Sunday and a very happy week filled with love and all things wonderful.



x Fiona

Formerly known as Frau said...

Perfect!! Happy Valentines Day and Sunday! Hope yours is full of love!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

A very Happy Valentines Day to you too!

Forty Pound Sack said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Lots of hugs to you ~

Lucy said...

I love everything about your post today. How clever. I am such a unimaginative person I could never think of that.

Buttercup said...

What a fun Valentine! Hugs and valentine wishes to you.

One day at a time said...

Ha! Oh Taryterre how lovely, hope you have a lovely valentines day with your hubby.
Best wishes jackie x

Rose said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

It would have been my wedding anniversary....my hubby has been gone 11 years now and it feels like it was yesterday.

I have fond memories.

Hugs, Rose

Belle said...

Very cute lyrics! I like the "Blue Eyes" reference. Happy Valentines Day to you also.

Missie said...

Happy Valentine's Day right back at ya!

Ina in Alaska said...

Big sigh..... Very romantic xoxo

Tami said...

I've never heard of that song before. Have a lovely Valentine's Day!

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

Happy Valentine's Day:) ♥

Bobbi said...

Love it!
So sad about Whitney... so very sad.

Soos said...

Mahalo for sharing the sentiments!

Lucy said...

Have a great Valentines Day!! Addiction can be overcome and why someone like Whitney Houston could not do it, I will never know. She, Elvis Presley, many country western singers, really make me angry. My husband beat an addiction to alcohol.

alphawoman said...

I must find this woman and hear her sing it! So sad about Whitney. What a talent. My most vivid memory was being at my parents for the Superbowl and upstairs in the kitchen and heard her singing the SSB and racing downstairs into the family room! What a voice.

Diann said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Nelle said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and hubby.

Pam said...

Hope you've had a great day today. I guess I never realized how much I miss Whitney until they started doing tributes to her. She was such a huge part of my 80's and 90's.

Pat MacKenzie said...

I hope you had a lovely Valentines day with your sweetheart. That is a cute song. I'll have to find a way to listen to it someday.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, thank you for that funny little song. It was great. And Whitney's The Greatest Love Of All is one of my favorites of hers. I hope your day of love was a special one. I can't get over this spinning red heart. I keep looking at it and smiling.
Happy Friday, sweetie.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

One day at a time said...

Taryterre.wishing you a lovely weekend, best wishes jackie x

Sonya said...

HOpe you are feeling good these days. Thanks for the posts in the blog which I love. Wish I had more time to read blogs. Sad about Whitney H. Funeral today. And it's supposed to snow here but we'll see.