Monday, July 16, 2012

THE STATE OF THINGS

I have told some of you this already.
But for the rest of you, here is the situation.
After they found spots on my daughter's lungs
and a mass on her liver...They did more tests.
AND
she got some MORE devastating news.
...UPDATE...
The blood vessels to her vital organs have attached and entwined themselves in a big gnarly mess to some scar tissue on her liver. It is inoperable. If any of the vessels gets nicked or rupture for any reason, she's been told it's instant death. So she just has to go on and take life one day at a time, because hers could be cut short, at any moment by this condition. ABSOLUTELY nothing else to do??? Meanwhile the spots on her lungs are still of concern but doc has a wait and see approach. She goes back in October for another checkup to see if they've gotten bigger. And to check her kidney function which is also at issue, in addition to her liver. Needless to say this has been extremely difficult for my daughter. She feels constant pain in her back and stomach from this. She is continually pulling, back to back shifts, at her job while taking care of her children, trying to cope with what this all means. Her emotions are pretty well spent. But she is finally able to take a few days off to just unwind. It will be good for her to get away. My daughter is a very private person and it is NOT her nature to share the details of her health with others. But the POWER of PRAYER is a POSITIVE thing. And when you find yourself in a situation like this, you NEED all the support you can get. So on her behalf, I asked for yours. We appreciate all your love, concern and prayers. It means the world to us. THANK YOU.
 
PS). UPDATE ON YOURS TRULY COMING NEXT WEEK.

22 comments:

jack69 said...

Our thoughts and prayers go out to her. There is a higher power, praying god gives her the inner peace needed to cope with such devastating news.

LOve from the Forest for the last time, next stop Viginia!

Pam said...

I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for her and you too.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I'm so sorry...I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I will continue praying for your daughter. May the dear Lord send healing and comfort her way. What man says is impossible God makes all things possible. I truly believe in the power of prayer and never miss a chance I get to pray. I'm glad she's able to take some time off.. Having to work when you are not feeling well makes the hours longer. I'm so glad you finally got back on line, you were missed. Hope your Monday is a great one!

Helen said...

Prayers for your daughter and for you. May God touch her with his healing powers and make her well again.

Lucy said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Why do these terrible things happen??? We have never been able to figure it out. My prayers are with you and her, and family.

Hollie said...

Definitely praying for God's intervention ....where man says it's IMPOSSIBLE!! NOTHING is IMPOSIBLE with God!! Praying for you all as well!! Hugs my friend!!!

That corgi :) said...

Jeremiah 32:27 "I am the Lord, the God of all mankind, nothing is too impossible for me". You are right, God is capable of everything and anything, will keep praying. I am glad that she does have a chance to take a few days off; I can't imagine all she's going through physically, emotionally, etc. Hugs to you all

betty

RoeH said...

Hoping for a needed miracle here. I am so sorry this is happening to her.

Angela said...

What words can one say to such news? I will keep your daughter, her family, and you in my prayers.

Bobbi said...

I am so sorry to hear this! I will be praying earnestly for your daughter!!

Whosyergurl said...

I am so sorry.
Sending love and light to you and your daughter and all involved.
xo, Cheryl

Paula said...

Your daughter has my prayers also.

Chatty Crone said...

Your daughter has my prayers - I hate she has to go thru all this. sandie

Fiona said...

Thinking of you both.

It must be very difficult for you all.

Take care and am praying for your family.

x

Diann said...

I am so sorry to hear about all these health issues regarding your daughter! How devasting! You and her are definitely are in my prayers!

Lucy said...

I do hope that all of our prayers together will help your daughter. It is a horrible way to live,not knowing what will happen. I commented on my yesterday blog about the cake. It was chocolate and delicious.

Forty Pound Sack said...

You've got it, sweetie. I'm sending hugs and prayers and all my good karma points your way ~

Ken Riches said...

Sad news, keeping you all in my thoughts...

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Taryterre, this news is such a hard thing for you and your daughter to face. I will definately keep saying prayers. The power of prayer is great, and the love for your daughter is too. I will continue to keep both of you in my thoughts. May God be with her during this difficult time.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Pat MacKenzie said...

I wish the news had been better Taryterre...so hard for all of you to have to deal with. You've been in my thoughts through all of this. Has she had a second opinion?

Soos said...

I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for your daughter, and for you.