Monday, July 30, 2012

I'M AN EASY SPIRIT, WALKING IN THE CLOUDS

WALKING for me is a CHORE. I used to LOVE it, though, logging 10 miles, sometimes MORE, a day. But over time I paid the price. It got increasing difficult to do. My knees wore out. I have meniscus tears, Baker Cysts, arthritis and now diabetes. Comfortable shoes are hard to come by. Up to now I've worn GrassHoppers. They did the job. I was content with my Jensen Stretch Bucks. They cost about $40. I buy two pairs a year, online. Those are the only shoes I've worn for the past four to five years. Sad considering, once upon a time, I wore stilettos. Try to visualize that if you can, blog buddies. Truth be told, I wore them to make me taller. LOL  These days, I usually try to get FLATS without laces because it's difficult to bend over and tie them without collapsing in a pile because of dizziness. Not to mention the neuropathy in my hands making it difficult to manipulate the laces. But a year ago, when our local WALMART moved to a new location and slashed prices at the old store. I picked up a couple pair of  Danskin sneakers for $10. I figured the price outweighed the trouble tying them.  So I began alternating them with the GrassHoppers. It felt good to own more than a couple pair of shoes that fit. My closet is full of ones that don't. (I need to donate them.) Anyway, life was good. I went about my business over the past year, never giving another bit of attention to shoes. But that all changed in a heartbeat, a month or two ago. I saw the shoes pictured above FOR SALE at Meijer's. I thought they were the UGLIEST things I had ever seen.  But at the same time, they intrigued me. So I slid one shoe, after another, on my feet. OMG. What an experience. I thought I died and went to Heaven. It was like walking in the air, on a cloud. I have NEVER, EVER worn a pair of shoes so COMFORTABLE in my whole life. Forget the GrassHoppers. Forget the Danskins. These were the shoes for me. Hands down. They were called EASY SPIRIT 360. I bought them on the spot. I did NOT care that they did not match anything in my wardrobe. I wore them religiously for a week or two. Then decided I needed another pair in a Black or Brown color. I found them easily online, but was shocked by the sticker price. I had gotten the champagne colored ones at quite a discount. Paying $70 dollars in addition to shipping and handling was a bit steep. So I searched everywhere in town for someplace that had them, instead. The only color I could find around here was BLUE. I figured they would go with my jeans. So I got them. My husband almost killed me. "You spent WHAT on a pair of shoes." I reminded him of all those high heels I used to dance in. They were not particularly cheap. He thinks because I'm an old lady now, my shoes should be dirt cheap, like the two for $10 pairs I got at WALMART. Give me a break. That was a fluke. Some things are just PRICELESS. Joy is a precious commodity. These EASY SPIRIT 360 shoes are as good as gold, in my humble opinion, at least for me. It's my BIG splurge now that the hubby has a temporary job. I LIVE in these shoes. I'd sleep in them if I could. They feel that good.

 I have alternated between the champagne and blue ones for a while now. My feet were smiling. So when  payday came this month, I broke down and ordered another pair online. I still wanted the versatility of the BLACK color. They arrived this past weekend.  They are the color of coal. (Although they are coming out much lighter in the photo.)

I am a happy camper. I absolutely, positively LOVE these shoes. I am receiving no compensation for this endorsement. Just passing along some information to you, my blog buddies ... about something that has literally put a spring in my step, a song in my heart
and a smile on my face
 and both of my feet.
But admittedly with a DENT in my bank account.


HERE IS THE LINK
TO THEIR WEBSITE

 

30 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Okay I need a pair of shoes good to my feet - but they are expensive!

Lol, sandie

Whosyergurl said...

Nothin like happy feet! YAY.
xo, Cheryl

Tami said...

I am starting to feel the aches and pains in my knees too. I don't wear heels like I used to, but I still love them! I am going to invest in a pair of shoes like you have. They look awesome!

DD said...

Hey Taryterre, I love your new shoes, especially the bottom pair. I know you will enjoy them. Yes, comfort is what counts.

I bought a new pair of tennis shoes today, cheap light weight soft ones. I wear sturdy ones for walking.

Take care, DD

Pudge450 said...

Checkout Zappos.com and Endless.com
They ship free usually next day or second day. Real liberal return policy and they pay shipping for returns. If you call zappos.com 800 number and tell them you want to be a VIP
Customer, they give you a web address and you get next day shipping on everything. I love Zappos. Have returned several things with no problems. Their prices are in line.

Paula said...

Oh I hear you girl. I was one who had to have everything to match. Where and when did my feet and legs go to? I sometime wear ugly winter Earth shoes to church in the summer. I did feel good when I saw a fill-in preacher's wife all dressed up and wearing tennis shoes. I could feel her pain too.

Paula said...

Oh I hear you girl. I was one who had to have everything to match. Where and when did my feet and legs go to? I sometime wear ugly winter Earth shoes to church in the summer. I did feel good when I saw a fill-in preacher's wife all dressed up and wearing tennis shoes. I could feel her pain too.

Hollie said...

My feet could use some HEAVEN!! I need to check into these myself!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Easy Spirit shoes are the best I've found. I don't have that particular style but I do own several pairs of easy spirits. They do put a spring in your step. Now I'll be on the look out for these too. Sometimes I find a sale on Amazon or at Sam's club on them. I have a closet full of shoes I can't wear too. Hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Good for you...I have had a foot issue off and on for four years (due to excessive weight gain) and being comfortable is number one priority! I wonder if there is a outlet store for them or if you have a DSW might carry them at a discount.

jack69 said...

I would not even think of the price if I could find foot comfort. We went thru hundreds of dollars for hiking boots/shoes. I finally learned my reboks with the toes split were the best. I just cut an old pair yesterday to walk here in the park. so I understand completely why you are up in the air about the shoes. Good for you!!!!

Love from PA

Angela said...

Nothing wrong with a good pair of shoes. I have a pair of Grasshoppers that I like, too. My husband swears by New Balance. We all gotta go by what works for us.

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre,
I'm so glad that you found a pair of shoes to give you comfort. We all need that. I think the black ones are the nicest. I am wondering if I will have to wear something like these in the future. My left foot turns inward when I walk, and sometimes after walking all day, it hurts. I used to wear high heels alot more than I do now. At times when I wear them, I'm afraid I'll fall flat on my face. The research you did paid off, because now you have a pair of comfortable shoes. Nice going.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Bobbi said...

Nice shoes! They do look comfortable. I am so into comfort these days ... but I actually like the looks of these as well. Good find! Now, after you have them on for a couple of hours are they still comfortable? I may have to check into them.. :-)

Fiona said...

Those shoes look so comfy.

Wishing you happy painfree feet!

x

Funny in My Mind said...

I actually think they are really cute!
I love Easy Spirits and wear them to work. We used to have an Easy Spirit outlet store here and when they went out of business, I bought 10 pair (for 40 dollars total)

Helen said...

Glad that you found something that actually feel good on your feet.

RoeH said...

They sure look comfy!

Lisa said...

They look perfect on you.

Pat MacKenzie said...

I'll have to remember that name. I have a pair of black Clark's lace up shoes that I wore winter and summer, rain, snow and heat, for 4 years because I couldn't find anything more comfortable. It's time to retire them and yours sound ideal.

Lori said...

I might have to splurge on a pair of those myself. Finding shoes that feel good to my feet is hard for me.

Mary said...

Hummm..those shoes look good to me. I came in as your newest follower. And I may look up some of those shoes for me. Thanks, Mary

Forty Pound Sack said...

I'm glad you went for it. Comfy shoes make all the difference, and you sound so happy to have them =)

Ken Riches said...

Sore feet can ruin any day, glad you found some you love.

Lucy said...

Glad you found some comfy shoes. I just do not have any that are comfortable and not sure I could ever find any. Could not afford them if I did but happy that you could.

Cliff said...

Glad to hear you're so happy with the shoes. I've had similar experience with Merrill shoes. When you find something that good, at our age, it's news. Isn't it.

Buttercup said...

These look great. I have worn sneakers -- not inexpensive, but they need to fit my orthotics -- for several years. I injured my ankle in a hot air balloon accident and that set up a whole chain of foot and ankle problems. It's so critical to find comfortable shoes. I met a blog buddy this morning at BlogHer and there we both were in our sneakers.

Belle said...

Those are very cute shoes and I'm happy you found some that are so comfortable. I got some great ones too although they look kind of funny. Feet are important when you are older, it's good to splurge on them.

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

It is always a treat to find comfy shoes that are also cute!

Nelle said...

My entire life I have put a great importance on comfortable shoes that fit. As a child I had wide feet but my mother would never spend the money to get me shoes that fit. Her own feet are horrible because she has worn too small shoes her entire life. I have always purchased wide width and paid much more for them. It's money well spent. Foot problems are costly. So glad you found something that is comfortable for you.