Saturday, December 7, 2013

SCENTS OF THE SEASON

 
I love to fill my house with the scents of the season. Cooking and baking is one thing that brightens the mood and fills the nostrils with holiday cheer. But my hubby has COPD, so I can't spray anything festive in the air. Steaming potpourri is another no-no. I'd light candles, but the flame isn't good, nor the soot they produce... for his condition. So I had about given up on this simple pleasure. Then... I bought myself a candle warmer. It heats the wax so that the fragrance is gently released. My hubby seemed to have no problem with it. So... now I can enjoy all the delightful scents of the candles and his COPD is not aggravated. Therefore... I was so excited when I saw the latest Yankee Candle Display for the Christmas season. My favorite is the Holiday Cinnamon and coming in a close second... is the Balsam and Spruce. I bought a couple to bring home. Buy one, get one free SALE.  Do you light candles, year round... or just at the holidays?
 
 

13 comments:

betty said...

Glad you were able to find a way to get the festivities of the smells you wanted without aggravating your husband's medical condition! We haven't burned a candle in a bit, we did have the habit of doing it for a bit, but then I guess got out of the habit. Last year I did get son a candle that smelled like cookies. Whenever he burned it, yum!

betty

Paula said...

My daughter bought me a candle warmer for some occasion and I love it. I'm glad you were able to use it too.

Hollie said...

Yay!! I burn candles year round!! I also love the candle warmers. My favorite one is Apple Pie scent!!

jack69 said...

Ahhh how sweet is the smells of the season? WOW they ignite memories from Childhood thru NOW. The scent of Christmas, one never forgets...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love to burn candles and love the scents of Christmas. I found a pine scented on at the store yesterday and love it. Glad you discovered the candle warmer. I have an old coffee mug warmer from years ago and set my candles on it and it works just the same.

Rose said...

I also have COPD and I love Yankee Candle Shoppe. I only buy the tarts and warm them with the tiny tea candle. Some scents are stronger than others.

linda eller said...

I have the candle warmer and use it year round, but love the scents of Christmas. Glad you found a solution.

Lucy said...

I always like candles and I have a candle warmer, I use , but I have been known to forget to turn it off then I get in trouble.

Jon said...

I've never heard of a candle warmer, but I'm glad it doesn't bother yor husband's COPD. I use candles most of the year.

Red Rose Alley said...

I can smell your candles from here, Taryterre. I LOVE CANDLES, all year long. They make the house so cozy. So glad that you found some that won't bother your husband.

Have a nice weekend.

Love,
~Sheri

Pat MacKenzie said...

I love the scent of candles burning too...how nice that you were able to solve your problem with a candle warmer. I burn candles quite often through the year. I love a house that smells nice.

Red Rose Alley said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog tour today, Taryterre. It's nice to meet new friends, but it means a lot to me to see my regular friend's faces on there.

Love,
~Sheri

Carol Z said...

I generally just light them fall and winter. I like the warm light and aroma in colder weather. I don't do it too often, but I do like the scents at this time of year, too.