Wednesday, January 15, 2014

SCARY GARDEN DECOR


With the Christmas season behind us, retailers are thinking ahead to spring. I'm not because it's still too cold. But... yard ornaments are popping up on display... in several of the stores I frequent. And frankly some of the trends are disturbing. Last year I noticed some ZOMBIES creeping into garden decor. And I thought it was a trend that would die out. Because... truth be told, these things are ugly. But sure enough,  they are back again this year with a vengeance. Would you put such things out and about in your yard? Personally I would not. Even at Halloween. Who are they making this stuff for??? Gardens are supposed to be cheerful and serene, not something out of a horror movie.



14 comments:

linda eller said...

Not for me. Even if they were wearing my football team's jersey..no way.

Paula said...

Not my yard, not in a million years. Ugly!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree not in my garden either. Gardens are to be cheerful places. They need to put them back with the Halloween decorations.

betty said...

I predict these may be on the 50% off table some day?? Downright ugly indeed and certainly would not "grace" my garden.

betty

Cheryl @ TFD said...

No way, not in my yard!! I seriously wonder if they aren't just running out of ideas when I see this stuff. Total waste of money, imo.

Red Rose Alley said...

Hahaha, this cracks me up, Taryterre! No, I wouldn't put this out, and I'm wondering why they are displaying some of these things in the garden section? Yes, gardens are supposed to be peaceful, I agree. The Valentine stuff is coming out already, and I am lovin' it.

~Sheri

jack69 said...

I'm with you SweetPea! Not in my garden. I agree with you they do not fit. ..... Makes one woner WHO?

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with you - NO ZOMBIES in my garden either.

Ellen in Oregon said...

Just plain hideous.

slugmama said...

If you like Steelers Zombies, just hit any bar in Pittsburgh any Sunday after a home game....lolz

Lucy said...

I agree the ugly things don't belong in the garden. When I could garden I usually put pin wheels and so forth out. Now the pinwheels are made so cheap they come apart right away. Don't think I will be gardening this year. Take care of yourself.

Lucy said...

I agree the ugly things don't belong in the garden. When I could garden I usually put pin wheels and so forth out. Now the pinwheels are made so cheap they come apart right away. Don't think I will be gardening this year. Take care of yourself.

Carol Z said...

Hideous. Of course, I don't have a yard, but if I did no Zombie lawn gnome would live there.

Lynda said...

I don't know who's sicker or crazier - - - - the ones who create them or the ones who sell them or the ones who buy them. Thankfully I have neighbors who probably would not buy them.