Tuesday, January 21, 2014

BODY AND BOUNCE


I have been told my entire life I have thin, fine, limp hair. This causes all kind of trouble for me. My hair is hard to manage and has little volume.  I always look like I have flat head. I have tried various kinds of shampoo, throughout the years to help combat the problem... but none seem to work. And the situation was getting worse as I aged. Then somebody recommended Matrix Biolage, Amplify Volume. I searched high and low for it. It is difficult to find. I must admit to sticker shock when I finally found it. It is pricey. A 16 ounce bottle goes for approximately $17, depending where you get it. But because I was in desperate need of some hair help, I caved in and bought some. The difference was like day and night. It really worked. It gave my hair bounce and body, it has never had. So now I'm hooked. But at that price I'm using it sparingly. Do you have a favorite shampoo?


THE SHAMPOO


SQUEAKY CLEAN,
WASHED 
NOW HAVE BODY & BOUNCE



14 comments:

Jon said...

I can relate to this. I have very blonde & very fine hair, and on a GOOD day it looks like straw.

Years ago when I lived in California I used Neutrogena Shampoo. It was a solid shampoo and looked like a bar of soap.
Unfortunately they no longer make it (I was probably the only one who ever bought it).

Nowadays I simply use Suave shampoo and I don't give a damn what I look like.
I've never heard of Matrix Biolage.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'd be willing to pay the price if it worked too. I'll be looking for it. Thanks for the tip!

Funny in My Mind said...

Check Suave shampoos. They have a lot of formulas that say on the bottle that they compare to certain high end brands.

betty said...

I have the opposite, thick hair, but glad you found something that works for you. I too would pay that price if it worked. I use the cheapest shampoo I can find, LOL :)

betty

Paula said...

Humm I'd like to try that shampoo. Kind of you to give us the tip.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'll be looking for this one, thanks for the tip! I have very very fine hair, too, and have to use that yucky hairspray to keep it in place. Also, after I use the curling iron to put a little volume in, I spray a little hairspray on the curl and let dry before brushing out. That helps a wee bit.

Lucy said...

I can relate to the hair problem. Mine is fine and thin and like you I have tried anything that aDDS volume. Not very successful. Now I have it cut short since I have no idea what is going on with my body. My mind says "hair must be almost wash and wear."

Angela said...

I'm as cheap as the day is long, but I have yet to ever find a cheaper product that compares to the salon version (like Biolage). I'll often look for discounted gift sets in Walmart salons or places like that. Plus, the good thing about shampoo is that a LITTLE really does go a long way!

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre,
You have thin, fine hair and want volume, and I have thick, curly hair and wish it was straight. We always want what we don't have I am told. This shampoo really does make a difference - it looks like your hair is a bit thicker now.

I usually just use any shampoo that is good for the frizzies haha.

Love,
~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh also, I think you look a lot younger in this picture too. So glad you found something that suits you.

Love,
~me

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

That has got more volume. Good luck to you and your hair!

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Chatty Crone said...

I use that but not the one for more body - I have the opposite problem you do - but I am not complaining!

Jenny Woolf said...

I have the same problem. Just get sick of looking as if my hair is painted on. I haven't heard of this stuff at all. I don't suppose they sell it over here.

Jenny Woolf said...

I have the same problem. Just get sick of looking as if my hair is painted on. I haven't heard of this stuff at all. I don't suppose they sell it over here.