Thursday, August 28, 2014

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON

I hope my joy is contagious. Break out the good china. Better yet, forget cooking.  Make a reservation at the best restaurant in town. Order some expensive bubbly. Then have them POP the cork off that bottle of champagne. And raise your glass in a toast. I'm in a celebratory mood. And I wanted to share it with you. My youngest daughter just had a birthday last week. My oldest daughter is about to turn 40 before this week's end. And next week my husband turns 75. And if all that isn't enough... On a rainy August 28th afternoon, FIVE years ago, I posted my very first blog post for TaryTerre. Imagine that? This blog you're reading, is now, half a decade old. I don't know what I would do without it? Or without all the wonderful people I've met because of it. Thank you for letting me "share my life experiences" with you. Each and every one of you is special to me and I appreciate you listening to what I have to say. I hope you'll continue to stop by in the days, weeks and months ahead. And that we'll be blog buddies for a very long time.



15 comments:

Jon said...

All of that is a very good reason to celebrate. I'd like to share that bottle of champagne with you.
Here's a toast to many more years of blogging.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

congrats on 5 years. the time sure flies by!

Cindi said...

Oh I do enjoy the bubbly! Thx for sharing 🎉🎉CONGRATS 🎉🎉

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You certainly do have plenty of reasons to celebrate there. I'll join you in a toast to the good times! Congrats on your 5 year mark and am glad to be a blogging buddy of yours too.

Monique Codilla Oloresisimo said...

Followed you via GFC!
HOPE YOU COULD FOLLOW ME BACK!

NEW POST UP ON MY BLOG!
www.slimkidinside.blogspot.com

jack69 said...

Congratulation, and EVERYONE loves a celebration.. GOOD ON YOU!

From the beautiful sunny shores of the Potomac...(Heading South)

betty said...

Lots of milestones!! Happy blog anniversary and early birthday to your husband and daughter!!!

So glad you took the plunge to get into blogging!

betty

Rose said...

Congrats! I always enjoy stopping by your blog.

Cheers!

Paula said...

You do have a lot to celebrate. I join you in the toast.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Happy birthday to your loved ones and happy blog anniversary! Here is a virtual toast to you! Blog on, my friend!

Chatty Crone said...

Congrats on all those!

Ellen in Oregon said...

You sure do have a lot of great reasons to pull out all the stops. 5 years of blogging shows a lot of sharing life is happening because of your creative posts. Congratulations on all you have accomplished & all the reasons your family has to celebrate. Boy, when you decide to find reasons to celebrate you find a lot of them. Party Hardy Girl!

Mevely317 said...

Woooo-hoooo and congratulations!

It's a wee-bit early out here, but I'm more than happy to raise a glass in your direction this evening.

So glad you became a citizen of Blogland 5 years ago!

Sheila Y said...

Happy Birthday to all! A toast to you for five years of blogging! Congrats! And many more... Sheila

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre, wow five years, you're a pro haha! Happy Birthday to your beloved family. All of this is definitely a time to celebrate. I want to thank you, also, for your friendship. When I came over here at the start of our blog, I never expected to meet such a charming, special, and wonderful lady. Here's to you, Taryterre! And I LOVE the picture with the feather boa.

love,
~Sheri