Saturday, December 27, 2014

SERENITY VISITED


OLD habits die hard. I decided  to do something I haven’t done in awhile. I threw open the curtains in my family room and let the outside light in. The room is small and the dining room chairs have to be moved, to open the curtains. So it had gotten to be such a chore, I stopped doing it. The room has a cabin feel to it and I've preferred it to be dark and a bit foreboding. Makes it comfy, cozy. There is an intimacy there in that room I do not have in the rest of my house. But truth be told, something has been missing. And I knew just what it was. "LET THE SUNSHINE IN, THE SUN SHINE IN." I wanted to change things up a bit. I was itching to see our stained glass windows. I LOVE stained glass. These panels are usually hidden from view behind the curtains. Seeing them again, dancing in the sunlight brought me such joy today. I sat on the sofa with my cup of chai and delighted at the brilliant colors reflecting the daylight. Serenity filled the room. I will never take these beautiful windows for granted again. Do you have a place you can go to unwind from the stress of a busy day?

12 comments:

Hollie said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!! I usually like dark too as it does make it cozy!!!

Jon said...

The window is lovely, and I like stained glass, too. Up here in my new mountain home, I can't get quite as much sunlight in the windows as I would like.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I don't have a pretty view like yours nor do I have any stained glass but I recently changed the curtains in the front room and the dinning room just to let more sun light in. It was like a dark cave here before. We were blessed with some wonderful sunshine here yesterday and I even went out and sat on the back step for a short while just to soak up some of those beautiful rays. Let the sunshine in !

RoeH said...

Light is wonderful. I don't like dark houses. On the other hand, I love overcast days. I get giddy.

betty said...

So pretty with the windows, glad you decided to open the drapes and let the sunshine in! I love bright open spaces and light myself :)

At the end of the stressful day, I tend to gravitate to the computer, LOL, to destress :)

betty

Cheryl @ TFD said...

The stained glass is beautiful!
To unwind, I take my laptop to the recliner and read blogs or books. Reading has always helped me to relax.

Cindi said...

oh, how beautiful. I bet it was very enjoyable indeed.

jack69 said...

SWEET, however, I am now singing
"LET THE SUNSHINE IN, FACE IT WITH A GRIN" (smile) Thanks.

Paula said...

I like this time of year when I can open the blinds and let the sun shine in. Other times of year here it is too hot to open up because it makes the A/C come on too much. Another nice entry, always like to see what you have to say.

Red Rose Alley said...

I am sitting in the room that's most peaceful to me while I write this, Taryterre. It is a room in the house that has the sunlight coming in too. I bet it felt good to see the sunlight shining through your windows. The stained glass is pretty. So glad you found peace sipping on your chai tea enjoying the sunlight of the day. My husband is always closing the drapes and blinds to the tv room, and I am always opening them hehehe.

love,
~Sheri

Mevely317 said...

This reminds me so much of my years in Texas when mother would come for the holidays and throw open the drapes. Like you, I've pretty much an affinity for comfy, cozy 'darkish' rooms. Pretty much a rarity in Arizona, but I appreciate your arousing an old memory which made me smile.

PS - That stained glass piece in the center is lovely indeed!

Carol Z said...

I live in three rooms, but happily it's quiet and once I'm in my apartment I feel I've come to my own sanctuary.