Sunday, June 19, 2016

DUCK there is TAPE


For all the ladies who read my blog, I apologize in advance . Reading this post will probably make you shake your heads in disbelief. As for the men… I think you  are going to smile saying, that broad is resourceful. And that broad would be me. For the past month or so I have noticed a problem with the handles of my purse. They were getting frayed. I have about dozen other purses I could use but I like this one, in particular. And frankly, I do not feel like switching out  what is inside it... to put into a new one. Call me lazy. But I find that task tedious and frustrating. Everything has to go in new pockets and places, then you spend days trying to find what’s where. So I decided to just keep using the purse I have… frayed handles and all. But it has become a bit of an eyesore, brought to my attention by a friendly stranger, when I was shopping. She suggested the pocketbook was well used, pointing to the handles. This made me a tad bit self conscious about carrying it around… but I still stubbornly refused to replace it. The color combination suits me. I LOVE it. I did not want to let it go just yet. The body of the satchel is fine. What could I do about the handles, I asked myself?  Then it HIT me. I could FIX them with an old product we all have used. That MEN gush about. Now ladies… this would be the time for you to sit down. The sacrilege I am about to describe will disturb your sensibilities in a world full of Vera Bradley, Michael Kors and Coach purses. However, men you can stand up and applaud. I did something you would do. It may sound more borax than classy, just hearing about it ladies…  but the end result speaks volumes. It was a GOLDEN opportunity to put this particular product to the test. So I did it. I’m here to tell you folks that YES indeed… Duck Tape does FIX everything. It’s just not about the silver anymore people. It comes in an assortment of colors ready to tackle any project. Take a gander at the pictures below. (click on them to enlarge)  I wrapped the handles of this GG…ing Purse , I carry everywhere… with Gold Duck Tape. It matches. And makes the purse look new again. Designer ready. I’m a CONVERT and new Duck Tape devotee. Frayed is no longer an issue. What have you used DUCK TAPE for? 



10 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So true ! It fixes so many things and comes in so many different colors! Good for you !

Jon said...

That's a great idea - and I never knew that duck tape comes in colors.
I have fixed my broken glasses with duck tape. It's cheaper than getting a new pair.

Mevely317 said...

Brilliant! ... but jus my luck, my clumsy fingers would have the tape looking like what happens to SaranWrap when I try to use it. :(

betty said...

That was a great looking fix! Very clever of you to think of using duct tape. So true to the variety of colors it comes in too.

Betty

jack69 said...

Hey lady, YOU DONE GOOD! Visiting here one will find a few things that duct take has conquered. I like yours, but I haven't seen Gold, that opens up more avenues! LOL

Linda said...

My only problem with your fix is that eventually the edges of the tape loosen and then stick to my arm, my clothes and anything the handle touches. But, it is classy!

Paula said...

Humm, neat idea. I didn't know it comes in different colors. Got to keep that in mind for future use.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't know duct tape came in different colors, let alone gold, how cool! Very clever, Taryterre. Your old purse looks great. This story reminds me of my purse and the handle was falling off, and I really liked the purse, so I just hot glued it together and it hasn't bothered me since. Sometimes if we love the item, we just have to try to repair it and make it shine again. You are resourceful, and I think that's a great quality.

~Sheri

Carol Z said...

I think you did a great job. But then again, my very favorite tote bag has seen better days, as my mother would put it. Yes, I do have others, but I love this one, and it's pricy to get a duplicate. I figure it still has some life left in it. Wish duck tape could fix it!

Susan said...

Dear Taryterre....Great job! Perfect solution. That lady who drew attention to your purse had quite a nerve, though. I'd never dream of doing that. I might think it but would keep it to myself. People. Aren't they something? Take care and thanks so much for your visits to my posts! Love them. Susan