Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I AM NEAR


Sometimes the universe gives you a present. A profound moment that stays with you, deep down inside…. Because it matters in a way others do not understand.  I have been fortunate to have had two of those moments in recent days. But I’ll only talk about the first one right now. It occurred while I was outside at 2 am sitting on my front patio . “I’m hurting. I’m broken down.” Upset by my lot in life I was reflecting on the whys and wherefores of it. Looking upwards I challenged the universe to do something about it. And within seconds of my request the most glorious thing happened. A deer appeared in my side yard walking towards me.  It was so close I could almost reach out and touch it. Our eyes locked on one another showing a mutual respect for each others territory.  Sympatico we stayed at an arm’s length from one another for ten minutes or more, barely breathing.  Two creatures of the night… having a clandestine liaison… which offered comfort and friendship, of a different sort.  I wiped the tears from my cheek. My words to the universe did not fall on deaf ears. The deer was an omen. Whenever I find myself searching for answers I always see one, somewhere. (or a heron) But never this…. up close and personal. I felt honored to share this special moment in time with it. Blessed to be part of a bigger picture. The deer nodded at me, as if reading my thoughts and then it walked out to the street. I whispered ‘goodbye’, as it turned tail and left. It paused for just a second though… turning back to look at me, one last time… and I added, “Thank-You for stopping by for a visit.”  I could tell the feeling was mutual. Then off into the night it went. They say when it’s DARK enough you can see the stars.  Now alone again…  I looked up at them. A billion points of shining light. The universe knew how to fix my broken spirit. And gave me HOPE in the form of an animal that means so much to me, for so many reasons.  And for that I am eternally grateful.




10 comments:

shortybear said...

totally awesome

Jon said...

What an incredibly beautiful post. An unusual experience like that has to be an omen. There's no way that it merely happened by chance. Thanks for sharing this.

Jean said...

I do believe in miracles and that the deer was sent to cheer you up. I hope you get to feeling much better soon.

Mevely317 said...

Touched by an angel!

Paula said...

I'm so glad you shared this with us, how touching.

jack69 said...

SWEET!

betty said...

I like to think God sent you that gift of the deer just to let you know he knows what you've been going through. What an amazing encounter!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a blessing! I know you needed that. In our darkest moments the stars do shine!

Lisa said...

Oh what a sweet story.
Lisa

Red Rose Alley said...

Just when you needed it the most, a gift came your way.......and a special deer of all things! They are so magical, and I can just imagine you seeing one at 2:00 at night where everything is dark out, and just you and the deer enjoying each other's company. I can't believe it stayed around for 10 minutes, that's incredible. Love comes in many ways, Taryterre, and it came to you that night in the way of a marvelous deer. I liked this story very much.

love, ~Sheri