Tuesday, July 5, 2016

TESTING TESTING.


 My hands were so-ooo bad the other night...
I was beside myself.
I just could not sleep, or get comfortable.
Irritable, frustrated, 
TESTY.
I sat here and cried buckets of tears.
Silently asking WHY this is
happening to me...
for the millionth time.
I finally found some comfort
under the spigot in the kitchen...
running warm water over my fingertips
and hands. It soothed them...
TEMPORARILY.
And it took the edge off. 
(I have found COLD 
on the other hand,
makes the situation worse.
Hands BURN and tingle more.)


Test after test are forthcoming.
Conclusions have yet to be reached
by those who are supposed to know
by now... something, anything.
So I play a waiting game. 


One waiting room after another.
Sandwiched between the duties 
of being wife, mom, grandma, 
daughter, blogger.
Getting impatient.
No relief for my weary soul…
But I forge ahead
Because that’s what you do.
You keep fighting
when something knocks
you down.
And eventually... answers come-
Whether you want to hear them or not.
MEANWHILE, 
I do a little daydreaming 


Wishing I was ANYWHERE else.


13 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You have a very good attitude about it all. Hope some relief in the form of answers comes soon for you. I often take a trip to the beach in my mind...always a good place to be.

Carol Z said...

I'll meet you in the beach in my mind. In my mind I can still get down on a beach blanket and get up! No sunscreen and a big margarita -- but that's only in my mind! Take care and keeping you in my prayers!

betty said...

Hard to suffer with something like this with no relief from anything you try to do or just temporary relief. I hope answers come soon!

betty

jack69 said...

So sorry to read of your continuing plight. Waiting is no simple task for one in pain. Our thoughts and prayers reach out to you my dear. Age deals some tough rows to hoe, but WE CAN make it.

Yes! work it out in your mind, travel, escape if only in your mind, for a spell!
YOu have overcome obstacles before, you will this one.

lyndagrace said...

Oh, I am so sorry for your pain. I understand the buckets of tears.
Although it is hard, your spirit is a champ! I'm sending you good thoughts for smart answers.

Jon said...

Suffering physically and mentally, and waiting for answers, is completely unbearable. I admire your courage - - and I pray that you'll be able to sustain it.

Daydreaming is a form of salvation. I have utilized it countless times.....

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre, I'm so sorry to hear this. To be in pain or discomfort all the time is just awful. I just said a prayer for you, my dear. I do hope you feel better soon. Yes, daydreaming about something pleasant is good. Even if your body is not strong right now, your mind is Taryterre. :)

love, ~Sheri

Mevely317 said...

Waiting ... enduring is incredibly taxing, yes.
I'm reminded of my former manager's philosophy while journeying between clinics: "There will come an answer, Let It Be."
Praying!

Paula said...

Sorry to read of your pain. John wears warm gloves to bed even in hot July and August and no air condition in his bedroom. I don't know how he stands it but he says it does help him with the pain at night. Prayers for you and for him.

Sheila Y said...

I hate you have to endure such pain. I hope you find answers and relief soon. Prayers for you. Sheila

Lisa said...

Ive experienced those buckets of tears once. I hope I never have to endure such pain again. I feel so bad for you haveing to suffer ao long. I hope you find some reief soon! Prayers.
Lisa

Kathleen Valentine said...

I'm so very sorry for what you are going through. My sister has been having a lot of trouble with a rash on her hands that won't go away. I feel so helpless and nothing seems to help. Wishing you the best.

Angela said...

I am sorry for your pain and hope you find some relief soon.