Monday, August 21, 2017

NOT YOUR MOTHERS PIZZA PIE


My husband and I don’t often get to explore new restaurants because our area just doesn’t have any. We’re hopelessly lost in an avalanche of cookie cutter places that have formula food and no creativity for the palate to enjoy. To get something out of the ordinary we usually have to travel at least 60 miles or more to find it. Ridiculous I know. But those are the breaks when you live where we do. However not long ago a new pizza place came to town and it created quite a buzz. Though it’s a franchise, it’s different. We decided to try it out. It is called Mellow Mushroom. It has a hip, cool vibe to it. You can dine in a yellow submarine car or inside a glowing mushroom room. There are cool and unusual decorations from the tables to the light fixtures. And you can make a pizza pie your way with some neat ingredients. Or order one of their specialty pies. (their SHITAKE pie is to die for) They also serve craft beers. Definitely an interesting place if you’re looking for a unique dining experience. But don’t be in a hurry. Pizza pies of this caliber take time to make.

(the menu)


(the bar)


(mushroom room)

(assembly area)

(submarine room)


(CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM)

12 comments:

Paula said...

Looks like a neat place. We have mostly fast food around here. Hard to understand why good restaurants fail with all the oil field traffic. Guess they are in a hurry or sleepy. Have plenty of motels now.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a cool place! and i love mushroom anything!

betty said...

This company is here too, we just haven't been there yet. Sounded like a fun time!

Betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's true here too, there are way to many cookie cutter restaurants. Glad you found one with something different and also good. I do love pizza and mushrooms!

jack69 said...

Neat place. BUT I did smile at even reading 'Pizza Pie'. My daddy ALWAYS added the 'PIE' to Pizza. He did it until his death. I do not think he ever tasted one. I was 16 before I did. They were late to arrive in my part of NC. LOL

Red Rose Alley said...

This looks like a great place to eat pizza. It has a whimsical atmosphere, and that "mushroom room" is cool. I have been wanting to get a pizza lately. There's just nothing like them, is there? I'm glad you found a place in town that you can go to now, Taryterre. Driving an hour away would not be fun at all. : )

love, ~Sheri

Jon said...

I never heard of the Mellow Mushroom but it sounds like a unique and fantastic place. I would kill to have a pizza like the one in your photo. Here in hillbilly TV we only have a Pizza Hut.

I remember when I was a small kid in New Jersey. The pizzas were INCREDIBLE and it took a long time for them to be prepared. Sometimes you'd have to wait an hour.

Jon said...

Jack (in previous comment) said that his father called it a "pizza pie". When I was VERY young some of the people back east - including my father - called it a "tomato pie".

Mevely317 said...


Now I'm getting soooo hungry!
My DH calls them "pizza pie" as well.

That would be such fun to dine in a Yellow Submarine. (Yes, I'm a Beatles fan.) I didn't know they were here until I saw Betty's comment. Gotta check it out!

Jon said...

I'm becoming a pest, but I noticed in my first comment that I wrote TV instead of TN. I meant to say Tennessee.....

Danielle L Zecher said...

We don't have one very close to us, but we usually eat at one when we get the opportunity. They have a Thai pizza, I can't remember the exact name, that I love.

koi seo said...

what a cool place! and i love mushroom anything!


หนังออนไลน์