Sunday, August 27, 2017

SYRUPY FRIEND


A while back, my hubby decided he was in the mood for  pancakes. Since I usually prefer French Toast instead,  it was unusual that I wanted pancakes too. Rather than rustle some up…  we opted to go out to get them. Our favorite diner was open so that’s where we went. When we were situated at a table we ordered a couple stacks of pancakes. In no time at all the order was ready. Needless to say, we devoured them, our tummies bulging with satisfaction. But... before we could leave to pay the check, we noted a visitor to the table. He was dipping a foot in the syrup that was leftover. Done eating, at that point... thank goodness... we spent the next 10 minutes or so, trying to photograph our new entertaining friend... who seemed GLUED to the spot. Have you ever been disturbed by a pesky fly?


10 comments:

Lisa said...

They are pesky for sure. I know they wont eat much but I dont want them putting their feet in my food!
Lisa

betty said...

I think it is too hot here for the flies. I don't see too many around. Pancakes sound delicious though!

Betty

Andrea said...

*bahahaha* You should have seen how my mouth was gaping open as I read about a "visitor" eating syrup with his foot!!! ;-)

Mevely317 said...

Thankfully, not at our favorite breakfast spot (Village Inn). Crazy, how something so small can drive one nuts!

This was an adorable picture, tho. Little guy needing his sugar fix. :)

Paula said...

We go to a barbeque place here for our pancakes and they are very good and no flies. However another barbeque that has better barbeque does have flies. I have vowed to take my own fly swatter with me.

jack69 said...

Funny you should mention this. We have been 'entertained' these two weeks more than ever in the past by flies. we have 3 swatters so one will be handy (front middle and rear of the RV. Just one every once in awhile and we are trying to figure how they find a way in to visit. LOL

I enjoyed the read!

Carol Z said...

Can't remember actual flies, but sand flies were everywhere at the beach last week. Luckily it was windy, but still got bitten.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I'm just glad you finished your pancakes before that pesky fly came along. Yes, I've had them in our midst, and they are a nuisance while eating cause you have to keep brushing them away, and they keep coming back. Pancakes sound so good. And I just had French toast the other night for dinner. :) Loved your delightful story, Taryterre.

love, ~Sheri

Jon said...

The fly is photogenic and you've captured him perfectly - but it's disgusting to see him so close to the syrup. I HATE flies. I've been plagued with those tiny "fruit flies" all summer and they're driving me crazy.

koi seo said...

I know they wont eat much but I dont want them putting their feet in my food!


หนังออนไลน์