Tuesday, October 13, 2009

VACUUM

Company... is coming in three days, and the vacuum cleaner just broke. I smelled something burning. I think it’s a broken belt.  I need a number 10 Bissell belt, if it is. I bought a package of two, just in case. However, the package says it’s also for 7, 9, 12 and 14 too. So… I hope it fits. It was cheap enough, though. Only $2.50. Unfortunately, you have to unscrew and snap the cover off the vacuum to install it. I may take it to the sweeper shop and have them do it. But... they’ll probably charge $50, and keep it for a week, so maybe I won’t? I don't have the time. And, I think I need new filters too. Unfortunately there weren’t any, the right size, at any of the stores I frequent. I don’t know where I can get some, around here, on such short notice. I’ll have to order them online and make do with the old ones for now. The other problem is, the canister keeps getting clogged with dirt. What a pain in the rear, this is. I don’t know why they don’t make them with bags anymore… that way, your hands stayed out of the dirt, and the mess was contained. With the canisters it’s just not as simple as the manufacturers would like you to believe. Nowadays… it seems… anything meant to simplify life, ends up complicating it. Well… the clocks ticking, time’s a wasting and the floor needs cleaning. The vacuum better be up and running, by day’s end, or else I’m trading it in.

No comments: