Thursday, November 5, 2009

IT'S BIGGER THAN...

Guess what I got? An early Christmas present. It’s bigger than a PDA or cell phone and smaller than a laptop. I bought an Acer Aspire Net Book with Windows 7, Starter. It is a great little computer. It is PURPLE… and I got a matching Microsoft PURPLE wireless mouse. How cool is that? The money I used, had been accumulating, in my SOCK IT AWAY FUND, for the past two years. Personally, I think the price point on this Net Book is a little too high because of the software it lacks. In my opinion, they could afford to drop it to $199 and sell a lot more of them. I’m sure they’ll be better deals at Thanksgiving… but I wanted mine now, so I paid for it. Still got it cheaper at Wal-Mart, here in town, than online, at Amazon... So I’m happy. The plan is to use this Net Book as a word processing unit. My laptop is too big and bulky, so I’m used to carrying around, composition notebooks… to write in, when the mood strikes. Now… I’ll use this, instead. It’s portable, compact and just perfect for my writing needs. Had a little trouble getting it to connect to the Internet in the preliminary tests. But it was due to network glitches here at home. Now that it’s fixed, no more problems. I just LOVE it. The next issue is finding a proper case to store it in. Already hit two stores today and came up empty handed. Right now… the only thing I can find, to fit this 10 inch size, is a BLACK neoprene sleeve. I want something with handles, and inner and outer zippered pouches. Looks like it’s going to turn into a science project, to find a case, much less one, with my criteria. I wonder… is it too much to ask, for all of that, in the color PURPLE?

1 comment:

Nelle said...

I bet if you measure it and just look in a place like Pennys pocketbooks you might find something. Purple I'm not sure of. If you know someone who sews they could make you one in a fabric you choose. My son bought me a beige leather laptop case but I have no lap top. Thinking though that I would really like something like this.