Saturday, September 11, 2010

WHO KNEW?

Years ago, my cousin and her hubby, went into business selling SCRUBS to the general public. This was back during a time when nobody but doctors wore them. I can only imagine the dollar signs they’d be racking up today, if they had stayed in the business. Nowadays, everyone wears SCRUBS. They are everywhere you go... at least around here. They are affordable, fashionable and comfortable, to boot. I became a convert when I was in the hospital for a couple weeks, back in 2007. The hospital preferred the patients wear the SCRUBS they supplied, instead of pj‘s or nightgowns, from home. It beat the heck out of those old hospital gowns, with your butt hanging out. As a result, when I was released from the hospital, to go back home, I had to get me a pair of SCRUBS. Not knowing where to look for them… I was pleasantly surprised to find them at retailers, Walmart and Meijer’s. Unfortunately, the selections there, were a tad bit antiseptic, to say the least. So I looked for other options. And I found them on the internet. If you want to really jazz up your SCRUBS wardrobe, people… Tafford’s online, is the place to shop. They’ve got anything your heart desires, when it comes to SCRUBS. I like printed tops, with themes and solid bottoms. But on the pants, I prefer the elastic waist... instead of, the drawstring ones. Both my daughters disagree. Drawstring, according to them, is the only way to go. My older daughter works in the local hospital doing patient registrations, in the emergency room. So she likes patterned tops, too. This is in case something gross happens to get on her, then you won‘t see the stain. My youngest, the daughter who’s the microbiologist, goes strictly for the solid colors. She thinks it looks more professional. While both ladies HAVE to wear their SCRUBS for work… I simply like to lounge around in my ‘Doctor Duds’ here at home, or when I run to the store. Apparently it’s trendy and cool, to look like a health professional, when you’re not. Who knew, I’d be a fashionista, at my age. Have you ever worn SCRUBS?

3 comments:

Jan said...

No I havent, but would quite like to, as you do for lounging around in ,dont know if they are available here in the UK ..I must just surf the net ..love Jan xx

LYN said...

Thnaks for the tip! I wear scrubs all day every day at work...

off to browese Traffords..:-)

Nelle said...

My Dad was a hyperbaric chamber engineer for Mt. Sinai Hospital. He wore a suit but at times he had to scrub in to be in there with a doctor in the wee hours of the morning. He brought home many of them that hospital green that was so popular. I do hate the hospital gowns and when I am hospitalized I get into my pjs as soon as possible. This is often not possible as they insist I have a heart monitor on. I wear special gowns with a pocket for them. I prefer comfy worn jeans and sweaters.