Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A DAY AT THE BEACH

My hubby decided since I love lakes we would go see one associated with his youth. Unfortunately the trek from the parking lot to the water's edge was about 1/2 a mile.
Having meniscus tears and Baker's cysts in both knees does not make such a walk an easy one. But I trudged on trying to please him.
Fortunately there were park benches strategically placed along the path
to collapse on every couple feet.
Along the way we saw a group of local senior citizens gathered to dance at a pavilion there.
 There were boaters and expensive real estate.
And folks like us just sitting there under the umbrellas taking in the scenery.
Clouds threatened rain putting a damper on the day, though.
 
"Lake St. Clair is a fresh water lake that has a surface area of 430 miles and is located 6 miles north and east of Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan. It is a shallow lake for it's size with an average depth of 11 ft. Though in the navigation channel it's 27 feet deep. The lake was named for Clare of Assisi on whose feast day it was discovered by European explorers."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

17 comments:

Jon said...

It sounds like a wonderful excursion and I like the photos - - but I hope your poor knees survived!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do love the beach and it is one of my favorite places to be. Glad you could make the trip. It is beautiful there. I've never been that part of the country, but it looks like a wonderful place to visit.

Lucy said...

I wrote a comment and then could not get it to go out. Will try again. Glad you made it, but I bet this was a long walk with knees Like yours. The lake is pretrty.

linda eller said...

Beautiful scenery and glad you were able to make it on the walk.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

such a beautiful place. 11 feet deep is really strange for a lake!

jack69 said...

Lovers take great,good and tough trips at times. But the being together can make a tough one 'SWEET'. I enjoyed it from my seat here.
I like memories!(smile)

Roses around the door... said...

The lake looks beautiful! best wishes x

Ninny said...

Looks like a beautiful day and a beautiful lake. I am surprised that it is so shallow!

TARYTERRE said...

I should clarify it's natural depth is 21 ft, but it's average depth is only 11 ft.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Despite the aches and pains what a wonderful place to relax and enjoy! Happy Wednesday!

Lori said...

We were actually thinking of visiting Lake St. Clair next year when we head to Canada.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Looks like a beautiful place to visit. Sorry it was a painful walk, but I'm glad you got some pretty photos to share with us.

Hollie said...

Such a beautiful place!! Glad you were able to make the trek!!

Carol Z said...

Looks lovely. So appreciate benches.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh the lake looks so pretty, Taryterre. There's something about the lake that I love even more than the ocean. How great it was of you to walk all that way just for your husband. Lovely cloud picture.

Enjoy the weekend, and take care of those knees.

Love,
~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

How sweet of you to put yourself out for the hubs. It was a beautiful area!

Nelle said...

MANY YEARS AGO MY SON HAD A BAKER'S CYST AND HAD IT REMOVED AND A SMALL TEAR REPAIRED. HE WAS IN PAIN A FEW WEEKS BUT NEVER HAD ANY FURTHER PROBLEMS WITH HIS KNEE.