Saturday, August 17, 2013

A STREET FAIR

Every now and then something interesting happens around here. Our town had a street fair in the Town Square the other day.  
So we went. This was the place to be and be seen.
Lots of food was on hand. You name it they had it. Seriously, they did.
  Unfortunately there were only a couple of street performers there, though. Jugglers to be exact. They seemed to engage the crowd pretty well.
And there were also a few vendors selling their wares. Handmade purses were a BIG seller.
Another attraction  there was a downtown water fountain to toss coins in. Everybody wanted to make a wish.  I know I did. Hope it comes true.
 
The evening was capped off with a fireworks display from the rooftops.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

fun! i love town fairs!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do love fairs of any sort. Our town has one in our town square in September and this coming week is our county fair, I hope to make there too. I love all the good food to choose from. Looks like you had great weather for it too!

jack69 said...

Local festivals lift the spirits. Street entertainers are the best. But there are seldom enough of them, as you pointed out.

Thanks for taking us along. It is always nice to get out!

Smiles from Tennessee!!

linda eller said...

What fun! Looks like the place to be on a lovely afternoon.

Paula said...

Looks like fun to me.

Hollie said...

Wow!!! Looks like so much fun!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Chatty Crone said...

I think they are so much fun!

Roses around the door... said...

looks lovely,hope your wish comes true. Have a lovely weekend x

Lynda said...

The weather looks perfect for the day and sounds like it was a fun, relaxing day. Your smiles tell me you look like you enjoyed it.

Back Porch Writer said...

Looked like fun. We always love to go through things like that. Have a great week!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Looks like a fun time! Bet they had lots of yummy food. That's what I'm always looking for! Haha!

Red Rose Alley said...

Street fairs are one of my favorite events to go to. There is always something fun and interesting to see. Yes, the food is the best. I'm glad you had a good time, and hope your wish comes true.

Love,
~Sheri

Pam Kessler said...

What a cute town square. Gazeebo (how the heck to do spell that?) and all. My town has no town square. You just sort of drive through it and end up on the other side of town not knowing you went through one.