Sunday, March 2, 2014

A BAD SPELL


I am glad to see last week go. It was a difficult one for me and my family. The week started off with me throwing my back out. I was bed ridden for a couple of days. And managing the pain was hard to do when I finally could get up and about. It was then my daughter was rushed to the emergency room with a potential heart attack. After a zillion tests, they admitted her and scheduled an emergency cardiac catheterization. We were worried sick.  My son-in-law, her children and I waited for the cardiologist to tell us the results. Fortunately, she had no blockages that required a stent. However her heart is having spasms when her blood pressure spikes. So they put her on medication to get it under control. After a couple days in the hospital she was released to go home. Getting her discharge papers proved to be more of a hassle than being there, let me tell you. But she's finally home recovering from surgery. However, I wasn't through seeing the inside of a hospital. I spent all day Friday with my husband at another one while he was getting a breathing test and echocardiogram because his COPD has worsened. Needless to say, I hope this week is better... even if we are expecting MORE snow.

20 comments:

betty said...

That was a tough week for you all! I'm sure the hard winter weather you all have had has not helped at all with all the health issues you and your family have been dealt with. We can only hope the new week and month ahead is a more kinder one in more ways than one!

betty

Hollie said...

I'm so sorry!! You did have a rough week indeed!! I'm praying for you all!!

RoeH said...

Wow. Close call. May this week be much more less stressful for you all.

Jon said...

You truly did have an incredibly horrible week. It always seems like everything happens at once.
My prayers and best wishes are with you and your family.

It's much better if your daughter can recover at home rather than in a hospital. As you said - - getting discharge papers can be a nightmare.

Ironically, I injured my back last week while doing yard work and could hardly move for over four days.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You got a triple blast there. So glad that your daughter is home and that you are better. Hopefully this week will be looking much better for you. Even though we have several inches of new snow, it isn't the 10 inches that they were predicting here anyway. You all are in my thoughts and prayers too.

Helen said...

A bad back is bad enough without all the others things happening. Prayers for you and your family.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm sorry to hear about all that happened through the week, praying that this week is much better for you and your family!

jack69 said...

WOW, I guess you had a rough one. Just visiting a hospital is bad enough. seems to wear you down. And the paperwork can sometimes bring out a bad word or two. At least in your head.....

thinking of you and hoping this coming week will be a GREAT improvement.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Yikes I'm so sorry! I hope this week brings you all better health and well being! Keeping fingers and toes crossed!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

so sorry to hear all of this. this week just has to be better doesn't it?

linda eller said...

Praying everything stays calm and restful this week.

Megs said...


So sorry to hear this! Things have to stat looking up now.

Angela said...

I am so sorry you all had such a rough week. I sincerely hope the worst is behind you and you can get some rest. Take Care!

Angela said...

I am so sorry you all had such a rough week. I sincerely hope the worst is behind you and you can get some rest. Take Care!

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre,
You have been through so much, my friend. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter and husband. I'm glad she is home now and resting, and I hope next week will be a better one for you.

Take care,
~Sheri

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Am praying for quick recoveries and no complications. AND a much better week up ahead.

Paula said...

Late getting here so I'll just say I hope this coming week will be much better for you and your family.

Roses around the door... said...

Hope you have a better week this week, love and prayers to you x

Carol Z said...

What a miserable week. I hope you are all feeling better and keep feeling better! You're all in my prayers.

Lucy said...

I am so sorry to hear about all of the rotten happenings in the family. It seems like trouble comes in bunches. Be very careful with that back. I have so much back pain and hips partly is worse because they took me off of the little arthritis meds I could get when I was anemic. Hope all stays better.