Friday, March 7, 2014

WALNUT CAKE, YUMMY TREAT


In my husband's travels... he frequents ethnically diverse areas, where there are small shops, bakeries and restaurants that cater to the local populations and their cultures. Every week he tries to bring home something new for me to eat from wherever he is. This week, in honor of the Olympic torch being passed, from Russia to South Korea, for the 2018 winter games... he brought home Korean Walnut Cakes. These were absolutely scrumptious. Made to mimic the size and shape of a large walnut... inside was a delicious filling that tasted like a walnut too.  I really enjoyed them. Can't wait to see what my husband brings me next week.


11 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How nice your hubby brings home treats for you like that. I do love walnuts and if I ever happen to see these I'll have to try them out. There are not many ethnic food places around here at all but then you never know what might pop up somewhere.

betty said...

Looks delicious and what a nice tradition your hubby started to bring you home goodies like these!

betty

jack69 said...

Great ideas you guys have. It is good sample the cuisine of different areas. Those Mini Walnut cakes look and sound delicious.

Good on you guys...

Formerly known as Frau said...

That is exciting and adventurous and delicious ! Have a wonderful weekend!

Red Rose Alley said...

Korean mini walnut cakes, how interesting. They look so YUMMY, and I would love to taste the filling in them! How nice that your husband brings home treats for you. I wonder where I can buy some of them here?

Have a nice weekend, Taryterre.

Love,
~Sheri

Hollie said...

How sweet of him!! Those look yummy!!

Rose said...

These look yummy. Nice that hubby surprises you with new and different goodies.

Paula said...

What a nice hubby! That walnut cake sounds good.

Lucy said...

That is really nice of hubby to do that. They look good. I hope his COPD is somewhat better.

Carol Z said...

This looks good. I'm not a walnut fan, but with the cake I think I could be enticed. :)

Forty Pound Sack said...

oh, yum! I've been jonesing for sugar for days, those look like they'd take care of my craving nicely :)