Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I'M NOT OLD, I'M RETRO

A MILESTONE NOT TO BE MISSED

There was music.
My hubby serenaded me with
his rendition of the birthday song.

We had a celebration 
with lots of confetti
and some out of the ordinary gifts.

An authentic television script 
from a favorite show.
A vintage Russian Sci-Fi Book circa Sputnik.
A Hula Dancer figurine made of Lava.
An antique book of Hawaiian translations.
 a Peruvian Necklace...
a nostalgic STAR book mapping the galaxy
and a special CD from a 
beloved radio broadcast.

Of course there was also 
something scrumptious to eat
with BUTTERCREME frosting.

After the birthday girl had 
a cocktail.
It was GOOD to the last drop.


As you can see in the picture my texting 
and typing finger are having issues 
right now, so bear with me if I'm slower 
than usual posting or commenting.




15 comments:

Jon said...

Music, gifts, goodies, cocktails, and love.... it sounds like a perfect birthday to me! Your birthday photo is great - - but it looks like your poor hand took a beating. Good heavens, what happened??

Happy Birthday and warmest wishes always.

And I hope your injured hand heals soon!

betty said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a wonderful day and celebration! Lots of great gifts too! Wishing you quick healing with your injury!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Happy Birthday ! Looks and sounds like a wonderful celebration ! Hope the hand and fingers are better soon!

Paula said...

Glad you had a nice birthday but sorry your hand is hurt.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

happy birthday!!!

Jean said...

Happy Birthday! You look great and what a way to celebrate with all the goodies. Take care. Jean

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, you had a wonderful birthday, Taryterre! I love that picture of you with the cocktail. That's a keeper. And the Peruvian necklace I'd like to see sometime.

Happy Birthday, my dear friend.

love, ~Sheri

shortybear said...

happy belated birthday

Mevely317 said...

That script sounds intriguing. What a thoughtful gift!
I hope this year is your best one yet ... so far, that is!

Susan said...

Taryterre, what a sublimely beautiful birthday! So happy for you. May your new year of life sparkle. Susan p.s. Than you for all your sweet visits. I just love them.

jack69 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Sorry I am a little late, glad you had a wonderful time. Hubby is sweet.
YEP I did notice the bandage, hope it is off and ready soon!

Sheila Y said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Sheila

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Ms. Retro!!! Glad you enjoyed it. Let me guess, your drinking a long Island Ice Tea. am I right? Either way, I want it. ha.

Lisa

Danielle L Zecher said...

Happy belated birthday!

Carol Z said...

Happy, happy and healthy birthday a little late. Sounds like a great celebration and I'm wishing you a very good year ahead, my blogging buddy.