Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A LITTLE BATTY, I SUPPOSE

 
I am cleaning out an attic bedroom that looks like a hoarders convention had a party in it. As I was taking bubble wrapped items out of a large box, to put them into bags to donate... I saw something brown and furry in there. I poked at it with a book and it got a creepy crawl. I instantly thought BAT. And hightailed it outta of there, slamming the door closed. But over the course of the evening my curiosity got the better of me. So I donned a bulky leather winter coat, boots and gloves and went back up there to see what was what? I carefully removed everything from the box half expecting to see the little fur ball again, dead or alive. But when I reached the bottom of the box where I saw this thing crawl, it was empty except for a giant dust ball. Now I'm wondering if I imagined the whole thing because the lighting in the room is poor? I was tired. My husband wasn't home. And the dust ball kind of looks like a bat??? Or is the creature still up there waiting to be found again??? And rear it's ugly head???
 

12 comments:

jack69 said...

It makes a great story, I can see you returning dressed for the attack if necessary LOL.

I like a continuing story, can't wait to see if the train goes off the cliff or not. LOL

You had better report the moving dust ball.. (smile)

Chatty Crone said...

We had a bat in our house - so I can't wait until you find out what you have! It was so scary! sandie

Jon said...

You'd better be very alert tonight when you're snuggled up in bed.......

Lucy said...

Lordy, lordy girl. I would not go back. I would just close the door and pretend it was clean as a whistle and not full of stuff???? you need to get rid of it.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

great big human...very small bat! hahaha!

Lori said...

Oh my! Only time will tell I guess!

Paula said...

Well you should of taken a picture of your self ready to tackle that monster.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I feel like I just reached the last page of a good book and there's a cliffhanger! Can't wait to see what it was. And I must say you're a brave woman, I'd have probably waited for my hubby to check it out! (Just call me chicken)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I need to go into my attic and clear things out, now I'll be on the lookout for uninvited guests. That would have been a bit scary for sure. Hope it was only the dust ball.

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre,
Hopefully it was just a dust ball. How brave of you to go back and check it out, YIKES!! Let me know if anything shows up.

Thank you for the birthday wishes, dear.

Love,
~Sheri

Pat MacKenzie said...

I had an encounter with a bat when I was young and at camp. Oh the screaming and jumping around until one of the mothers came and shooed the critter away with a broom! Did you look up in the rafters for your 'guest'?

Ninny said...

Better bats than spiders! We have a lot of black widows in the summer time!