Wednesday, May 8, 2013

AN EASY CHEAP FIX

 
The thermometer went up to almost eighty degrees the other day. It was nice and toasty out there. A sign spring has finally sprung.  The only problem was when I got in my car it was stifling hot. I could hardly breathe. My air conditioner didn't work. So I complained to the hubby. He knew just what to do without taking it into the car dealership. At the Chrysler place they would have charged a fortune to tweak and boost my coolant. But for $20 my hubby bought a can of  synthetic air conditioner booster at a local auto parts store. He attached some hoses, turned a nozzle and the air conditioning was back on. I was able to drive again in comfort. I must admit though, if I had a convertible, the top would be down, and I would be just as happy, though hot as you know what. THANK GOODNESS for AIR CONDITIONING.
 
 
 MAGIC IN A CAN
 
 
TUBING CONNECTED
 
 
NOZZLE TURNED
 
 
DOES IT WORK?
 
 
IT'S SO COLD...
NOW YOU NEED A COAT.
 
 

9 comments:

linda eller said...

I love an easy fix!

Chatty Crone said...

I hope if my a/c goes out it will be an easy fix. I love a/c too! sandie

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it's nice to have a handy husband. i would have gone straight to the dealership!

Funny in My Mind said...

Thank God for handy husbands!
Yours is a keeper! I long for hot weather!

jack69 said...

It is good to know what to do. and Yep much cheaper and faster.
My kind of man!!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Yay for handy husbands! I love my a/c...in the car, in the house. I'd have never made it back in the olden days!

Jon said...

I never heard of a synthetic AC booster. I'll have to remember that!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It does work. My SIL did that for my air conditioner last summer. It's nice to have a cheap fix for a change. It seems every time something goes wrong it's another 500 dollars. Thank goodness there are still a few things that can be fixed cheaply.

Ken Riches said...

I have a convertible and love it.