Sunday, May 12, 2013

GREAT EXPECTATIONS

 
DO BUTTERFLIES REALLY LIVE IN THESE HOUSES?
I BOUGHT THIS YEARS AGO
AND RECENTLY REDISCOVERED IT
TUCKED AWAY IN A CLOSET.
SO WE JUST GOT AROUND TO SETTING IT UP.
IT'LL BE EXCITING IF THE
BUTTERFLIES ACTUALLY CONGREGATE HERE.
 
 
MEANWHILE I'VE BEEN WAITING TO GET
MY CONTAINERS PLANTED THIS SPRING
.
 
BUT THE WEATHER HAS BEEN UNPREDICTABLE

 
 
SO FINALLY...
I PUT A FEW THINGS OUT ON MY PORCH.
AND WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT...
FROST IS EXPECTED TONIGHT.
JUST WHAT WE ALL NEED, COLD TEMPS.
These flowers may not LOOK
like much but they set me back
twenty-five dollars.
 I'M NOT INVESTING ANOTHER DIME IN
SPRING UNTIL SUMMER ARRIVES.
 

8 comments:

Carol Z said...

It was summer here on Friday and glorious spring today, but it's supposed to be cooler this week. I'll take spring, but I don't do any planting.

jack69 said...

hey that is Mr. Frost's second name, sneaky! Hope all is okay. sometimes they mis-read natures signals.

Take care and enjoy the week.

Paula said...

The flowers look pretty there by your door. I've never heard of a butterfly house. Let us know if they come there. I would like to have one if they do.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it is below freezing here and i covered all my plants last night. one more day of this and then a big warm up arrives.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We had frost warnings in our weather forecast too. I'm holding off on any planting till closer to Memorial Day. Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

~mel said...

I refuse to invest a dime in plants either until this unpredictable weather is over with! Yesterday morning we had snow ~ today I see my first hummingbird. Crazy!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, your flowers look so nice on your front porch, and the RED really stands out. I don't know why, but I always love to see pictures of front porches.

Did you have a nice Mother's Day, dear? I went to the Queen Mary the day before and had tea and yummy desserts. It is such a huge ship!

Let me know if you see any butterflies. They are beautiful, but always fly away before I can get a good picture of them.

I can't believe you still have freezing weather, Brrrr.

Love,
~Sheri

Lucy said...

I brought my balloon plant in and we covered the little ones in the wishing well. Good thing because it got down to 29. Turned my pretty red tulips black around the edge.