Thursday, September 12, 2013

HITCHING A RIDE

 
My daughter rented a little sporty car for her birthday. It was a FIAT. Once upon a time her father/my hubby owned one. It would be a vintage coupe today. And worth a fortune if he had kept it. This modern one had all the creature comforts and then some. And I might add my daughter loved every one of them. The rental place picked this as her ride and she liked test driving this car to see if she might like to buy one. Personally I liked it, too. It was fuel efficient, a plus with today's high gasoline prices. But I have to be honest... the car was kind of small on the inside. Just sitting side by side... our elbows touched... making it kind of awkward to maneuver. Do I LOOK comfortable? And... I was so low to the ground, once I crawled inside... getting back out was a bit of a chore. And when you're my age, with bad knees that's a problem. Otherwise... it was a fun ride and I would recommend this car to those free spirits and adventuresome among us.
 
 

12 comments:

betty said...

Looks like a cool car to have a chance to drive and be in. I would have to agree about the size of it. I'm tall so getting in something like this (and conversely out of it) could be a bit awkward. Glad your daughter had a chance to try it out!

betty

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i am tall too so these small cars are too small for me.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That would be a great way to celebrate your birthday. I've never been a big sports car enthusiast, but maybe that is because I know I could never afford one. My old used car sits close to the ground and I had a tough time adapting to it after I wrecked my previous car. I prefer ones that sit up a little higher. Like you I like to be comfortable.

linda eller said...

It does look small, and I am very short (4-11), but the main thing I would like is good gas mileage.

Lucy said...

I like the looks of the car but it is small. I don't think I could get in and out of it till mt leg eases I think it is much better or

Cheryl @ TFD said...

It is a sharp looking little car! The gas mileage would be a plus, but it's a bit small for us. Hubby is a tall boy.

Hollie said...

It's a VERY cute car, but I couldn't deal with it being so tiny either!! I couldn't get in and out of it with ease either!

Lucy said...

Glad to see you are still commenting.

Red Rose Alley said...

Guess what, Taryterre? I learned to drive on a FIAT!! It was a fiery RED Fiat, and that car took me everywhere. Aaahh, the sweet memories that you brought back. I think your daughter will love this car.

Happy days for her.

Love,
~Sheri

slugmama said...

I would hate to be in an accident sitting in one of those....almost as bad as those smart cars.
I want lots of steel between me and the other idiots on the road....lol

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness that is tiny!

BJ PUP said...

I"m visiting from Butter Cup Counts Her Blessings. I can relate to your experience with a Fiat. I also had the same feeling about the Mini Cooper. They're cute and if you like being a pretzel they're perfect. My dog was the only one who jumped in easily.

I bought a smart car. It's looks small and actually is small. However, it's high off the ground and very roomy inside. I love it.