Thursday, June 20, 2013

FLASHBACK TO THE 50's

 
When we travel we like to eat in restaurants unique to the place we're visiting.  That way you can get a feel for the town and the people in it. Driving through the mountains we happened upon this old 50's diner. And we fell in love with it. Look at the decor.  Just like the places we remember from the good old days. The food was wholesome, like mom makes... but basic, with no added frills. And it tasted good. The cost was affordable, not too pricey. And the waitresses were down to earth and friendly as can be. It made for a wonderful meal in an interesting setting. NOT like going to a chain restaurant, at all.
 
 
THIS BEARY COOL GUY GREETED US
WHEN WE WALKED IN THE DOOR
 
 
DON'T YOU LOVE THE RED AND WHITE SEATS
AND CHECKERBOARD TILED FLOOR?
 
 
AND LOOK WHAT THEY MADE A GUM MACHINE OUT OF
 
 
DON'T YOU LOVE THE WINDOWS?
ON THE OTHER SIDE WERE MORE TABLE AND CHAIRS.
 
 
EVEN THE BATHROOM WAS COOL
WITH IT'S ORIGINAL FIXTURES
AND THAT ROUND MIRROR
 
 
SPINACH OMELET WITH HASH BROWNS & TOAST
 
 
ME ABOUT TO DIG IN TO BREAKFAST
 
 
EXITING THESE DOORS TO CONTINUE OUR JOURNEY
 
 

16 comments:

Jon said...

That's definitely my kind of place! I love the 50's decor and the food looks fantastic!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a fun place and the food looks good too!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That would be a place I'd like too. Everything looks clean and shiny too. I've been in some diners that tend to look a little shabby even though their food is out of this world. There you have the best of both.

linda eller said...

Like you, I do enjoy the local places and they are sometimes so much better than the fancy ones or chain stores for sure.

Lynda said...

Good food is always a wonderful bonus on a trip. It pays to find out where those spots are.

Chatty Crone said...

I love to eat in diners - good food - and a lot of it! lol sandie

jack69 said...

WE try different places also. Trying to get the feel of the area and it's traditions and customs. We have disappointed at times, but most of the time very satisfied.
You were blessed here and I enjoyed the trip. I could have eaten part of that omelet! It looks good!!!
((HUGS)) Good entry

Rose said...

Wow, I Love this place!

Great atmosphere and good food = happy people!

Lucy said...

When we traveled on vacation, I just loved eating at various places. Most were good.Terry thank you for for the tips you gave me on the eppley treatment.. It prepared me sort of.

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre,
How'd you know I LOVE DINERS! This one is so cool. Yes, I love the red seats and the black and white floors. Diners are so fun, and I love it when they play the 50's music. I was born in the 60's, but there is something about the 50's that makes my heart glad. Such carefree days. Your omelet looks so yummy.

Love,
~Sheri

Hollie said...

Looks like my kind of place!! Love it!!

Kay said...

OOPS...you had commented on my blog about the "donkey dicks" and I accidently hit the "spam" button instead of the "publish" button. Sorry about that. Hope it doesn't go against you on Blogspot.com :-(

Paula said...

Looks like a place I would love.

Pat MacKenzie said...

I love the revival of the 50s diners, especially if they play music to go along with the decor.

Carol Z said...

I'm a diner fan, too, and there are still lots of them in New York City. There's one a block from me. It's gotten fancier and more expensive, but it still has the same long, long menu.

Lucy said...

Looks like a small town place. We have one here in Lincoln that has good food and tastes like home cooking. I don't go to resturant's (SP) much any more cause I am getting more shaky and sloppy in my old age.