Sunday, June 30, 2013

JUST DUCKY!

 
I love going to the lake. I think everybody who reads what I write here knows that. But what you may not know is that I love photographing wildlife too.  It's a hobby of mine. Though once upon a time I got paid by a newspaper to take pics. For the record... ducks and geese are particularly fascinating to me. So I tend to gravitate to where they might be. Some ducks happened to congregate at a boat dock we frequent. We go there to watch the PONTOONS and people too. Birds of a feather flock together. It's an entertaining way to spend an afternoon, to be sure. So I started snapping away with the camera.

THIS FELLA WAS DOING A LITTLE DANCE
 
MOMMA WITH HER YOUNGSTERS
 
THIS MALE AND FEMALE IN CONVERSATION
 
 
SILLY BIRD MIXED IN WITH THE DUCKS
 
THESE TWO WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO FEED THEM
 
UGLY FISH APPEARED IN THE WATER
ANY GUESSES WHAT KIND IT MIGHT BE?
IT WAS HUGE WITH A BIG MOUTH.
AREN'T THEY INTERESTING?
 
 SITTING BY THE
DOCK OF THE BAY... OOPS! LAKE
WASTING TIME AND LOVING IT.

16 comments:

linda eller said...

I enjoy doing things like that too. Animals of any kinds, but especially birds and ducks fascinate me. Lovely pictures you took my blog friend.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

great duck photos. maybe a big mouth bass?

Jon said...

Thanks for sharing the delightful photos of the Quackers.
I'm a fan of ducks and geese and all of our fair-feathered friends.

Roses around the door... said...

sounds lovely, you are good with the camera,best wishes x

Sara S. said...

Love the pictures of the Mallards, such pretty birds! I believe your mystery fish looks like a carp or something from the carp family. I hope you don't mind me checking in on your blog, I saw that you follow my Mom's blog Upnorthwithmel. I am new to the blogging world and was checking out some of her friends. Hope to read more about your wonderful feathered friends!

Sara
sarasnextchapterinlife

Lynda said...

I especially like the first pic and the myriad design and colors on the back of the duck. The little bird is cute, too - - - maybe it's wondering if the duck's life is better than being a bird - - just checking out what he might want to consider as he grows up.

Carol Z said...

Great pictures. Relaxing on the dock is a good use of time. I think I need to do more of it.

jack69 said...

Ducks of Florida amaze me. When we lived on lake Dora, we would cruise the Dora Canal. I was amazed at the intricate beauty of ducks. They almost looked artificial.
Great shots. Loved the read and looking. Good entry!

Paula said...

I fed ducks again at the river park in our town yesterday until the mesquitoes started eating me. Your duck pictures are very pretty.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love our feathered friends and it's always fun to see wonderful photos of them. Your shots are beautiful!

Hollie said...

I love ducks and geese too!! Thanks for sharing!! Great photos by the way!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I loved all your pictures. You do have a talent for capturing them. I am never good at getting pictures like that. Ducks are fascinating to watch. People too.

Rose said...

Love the first picture. I love them all. You really have a good eye with the camera! Great job!

~mel said...

What a great way to waste time ~ I love moments like those! The fish looks like it could possibly be a carp by the looks of it's mouth??

Chatty Crone said...

Got to love them!

Red Rose Alley said...

Taryterre,
Oh how I love wildlife too. The ducks are fascinating, and especially the geese. You have captured their beauty in these pictures. I forgot that you used to take pictures for a newspaper, thanks for reminding me.

The Male one is so pretty, isn't he? I can see why you love the lake so much.

Love,
~Sheri